Saturday, June 24, 2023

A Fun Shopping Trip

 Yesterday was warm. Hot for us actually. The sun shone and high got to 28C. Today is suppose to be humid, with chances of thunderstorms and showers this afternoon. The high is to get to 29C with a humidex of 33C. There is suppose to be some wind to make it feel like a sauna when you go outside. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I had a wonderful shopping trip yesterday. We went to Ikea and wandered upstairs looking at almost everything. We saw things we both liked. The room/area displays they set up are so interesting to look at and really show case their products. After our wander upstairs we did market place downstairs. I got some items I wanted/needed including a few Christmas gifts. 

We went to Costco for groceries and it was busy. We got what we needed and left. We were home just after noon. I had to go back and deliver the two plants we forgot in the car. 

I was out in the afternoon to visit my neighbour. She arrived home from Ontario on Wednesday and is still very tired. She had gone to the inventory sale and bought a couple of items and said it was mostly notions and pre-cuts. The lady is trying to sell off items that didn't sell last year when she sold the business. 

I used my table top bbq last night. That thing works just as good as my big bbq. I did chicken skewers I had bought on it. I will be making my own this summer as they are easy to make. 

As this bbq has 2 burners, I can start with both burners on and then turn off the one under the meat to finish cooking the meat. 

I watered the garden and all the flower pots last night. They needed it with the heat we had yesterday. I slept poorly last night as the house remained warm even with the windows opened. No breeze to move the cool air into the house. This can happen before we have warm humid weather come in. This humid weather will last for a couple of days leaving everyone drained of energy.

I did no sewing or knitting yesterday. I am going down to revisit the fabric I screwed up on and will probably make 2 placemats and 2 bowl cozies for daughter. If there is enough for 2 pot holders that will be a bonus. Christmas gifts for her. I will need to buy fabric for binding and batting. 

Today

I see the doctor this morning for my test results. I will go to the grocery store for a few groceries, down to see daughter-in-law, and home to rest. I will need to water the garden and flowers this evening. I would like to nap. I don't have a lot planned for today due to the weather. If I feel up to it, I may go down and look at the fabric and make a plan for it. I would like to cut out the fabric tomorrow so I have projects to sew on Tuesday. 

Until the next time.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment