Tuesday, June 06, 2023

I'm Done With The Weather

Yesterday was wet and cool. The high got to 10.8C and there was 2.81" of rain fall (a record for yesterday). The wind blew from the NW almost all day. This morning it is cloudy and 10C. Today we are to have showers and a high of 11C. 

Lifestyle

Since Saturday we have had 4.25" of rain fall. Everything is water logged, the ditch was running with enough water in it you could hear it when you opened the door and it was cold and damp in the house. I had to turn up the heat to keep warm. The dehumidifiers are running all the time to keep the house's humidity at 50%. By 4 pm I was done with the weather. I had enough of it all; dull, grey, wet, damp, and cold. On the up side, all the fires but the Shelburne one are under control thanks to the cool wet weather. The wet weather has allowed fire fighters to attack the fire aggressively at Shelburne.

I kept busy yesterday morning. I did a load of laundry, folded laundry, put the blankets back on the couches, took out garbage, and tidied up the kitchen. I also changed the bed. It helped keep my mind off the weather and wanting to hibernate. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room and sewed yesterday. I started out cutting the stabilizer for the last 6 cardinal squares. I got the 6th square stitching out while I worked on the placemats. 

Placemat #3 is done to where I wanted it to be and #4 is almost there. I had to stop so I could focus on the last 10 minutes of the embroidery. In all it was a good day of sewing. 

I will need to measure the server to make a table runner and cut out the pieces for it. I also need to cut out the bowl cozies and potholders. The mug rugs will be cut out and ready to stitch when the cardinal squares are done. 

Knitting

I have the stitches picked up and 6 rows knit on the sleeve. I stopped as I was not in the mood. 

Thoughts

    I have not been outside at all since Sunday morning. I did open the door once to get a breath of fresh air. I am missing walking around the yard checking on everything. I am also missing doing the things that need to be done. 

    I am still working on the water feature for the deck. I've found my idea on a couple of blogs/videos so am going to try it out. I just need to get a few supplies. If this works, I will make another one for at the shed. It will be a resin barrel to match the flowers pots I have there. 

    I am finding that none of the solar pumps are getting really good reviews. There is a wide variety of opinions using the all in one floating unit vs the pump that has a separate solar panel. I am going to try one and see if it works. It's a cheaper unit. If I have to, I will try a more expensive unit that has a good review. It is all mind boggling. 

Today

I am staying home today but will go out to put gas in the car. I need to do some more cleaning and will try to check the garden between showers. I want to sew this afternoon and try to knit tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment