Thursday, June 22, 2023

A Busy Day Outside

 Yesterday was, in one word, sunny. The high got to 24.7C. This morning it is clear and 12C. We are to have a high of 28C and lots of sunshine today.

Lifestyle

I was just leaving to grocery shop when daughter-in-law arrived wearing her painting clothes. She needed to borrow the mouse sander and sand paper so they could paint the trim on their garage. Once they left, I headed out and got what I needed. 

After I got home, I filled the sprayer and set out to spray the weeds. I got what I wanted done and was happy. I have more to do but it is accomplishable. After cleaning up, I sat on the deck to admire the scene. I even had lunch outside.

The traffic on the road makes it near impossible to hear the water in the fountain. But, I did enjoy looking at it. I ran the sprinkler on the garden while I was outside and hand watered the rest of the containers. This is basically the first warm day the plants have had and the first time I've done a lot of watering in a long time. 

Before watering the vegetables I picked lettuce for lunch. Only enough for my wrap but so delicious. The first vegetable from the garden.

In the late afternoon, I moved the solar panel, once again. I have it zip tied onto the top of the railing so it will get sunshine longer. I did a bit of weeding at the shed before going inside to get ready to leave to watch grandson play soccer in the city.

Soccer was great. The teams were quite well matched, played hard, and tied the game at 2 - 2. Grandson played well doing some simple but well executed moves. We cheered, hollered, clapped, and enjoyed ourselves immensely. 

I slept poorly last night due to pain. My back, hips and knees ached for several hours. I did sleep well once the pain left. I get like this when I climb up and down and sit on the bleachers. I will continue going to the soccer games as I do enjoy them. I will have to take a pain reliever before I go to bed. 

I lost weight again and am over the half way point by .6 lb. I did it before seeing the doctor. I need to keep focused so I can continue to loose weight. The game plan is to ask the doctor for another 6 months if my A1C is not within the range he wants it. I won't be at goal but I want to beat the war with my glucose readings.  

Sewing

I was in the sewing room to get zip ties for the solar panel. I can't find any in the garage or shed and had to use the ones I bought for doll's undergarments. I will have to buy more. 

Daughter photo dumped the patterns I had bought for making rodeo queen outfits in messenger last night. What a trip down memory lane this morning. She is back to sewing for rodeo queens once again and has filled her booking slots already. No, I don't want to sew for rodeo queens again but it was fun looking at the patterns we used. 

I watched the 5th episode of The Great British Sewing Bee. It was interesting to see what they did during art week. The good sewers continue to be good and do some impressive work. Next week is children's week which I do enjoy watching.

Knitting

None done last night as I got home just before 9 pm. 

Thoughts

    I love the wagon I bought. I hauled the garbage down to the end of the driveway in it yesterday and it was so much easier than hauling it down by hand. We did use it when cleaning the shed and loved it then. I see it having an important place when moving things around. 

    The weather for the summer solstice was fantastic. It was such a perfect day to bring in summer. People were enjoying the weather just as much as I did. 

    I have decided not to do the 2nd water feature this summer. I will get the container as I can use it either for the pond or for flowers next year. I have done enough this year and need to focus on maintaining the yard. I have set my goals for this year and need to focus on them. 

Today

I am going to do 2 containers of weed spray so I can finish up my project tomorrow. I would like to spend some time in the garage this morning cleaning up a few items. I am not sure how this afternoon will go but I would like to trim the threads on the cardinal block. If I have the energy I will knit tonight. I will be pushing myself today due to being tired. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment