Wednesday, June 14, 2023

A Day Out Sewing

 Yesterday was hot and sunny. The high got to 28.1C though I think is might have been a bit hotter in our area. It clouded over and there was a shower early this morning. It is drizzling and 16C and we are to have a high of 18C. 

Lifestyle

I fooled around for a bit with the solar panel for the fountain yesterday morning. I got the stand on the solar panel correctly. I also brought out 2 trellis that I made into a square and attached the solar panel to the top. It works great until the sun goes around the house and the deck is shaded. I am still thinking on this but my next idea may fail due to not having enough cord between the solar panel and the pump. 

I was out all day sewing at the quilt shop. The owners and some of the staff had spent the weekend at Quilt Canada in Halifax. They were trying to put things away, inventory some new stock, and run a class. It was a bit chaotic for them. On top of that, the a/c isn't working in the classroom and long arm quilting room. It was hot sewing in the classroom. I would go out every so often to the store front to look at fabric as it was cool out there. Hopefully the a/c will be fixed as they need it for classes in the summer. 

I set a goal and met it. I got the table runner done by lunch and am pleased with it. 

I also made 2 pot holders and 2 bowl cozies. They need to be pressed with the big iron before I can finish them. 

I want to have these done before I go back in 2 weeks. I then need to have more items to sew cut out. I still have 1 meter of the print, .7 meter of the small border fabric, and .5 meter of the plaid. I did buy 1 meter of a lovely blue that matches to perfection for backing the table runner. I may even bind the placemats and runner with it. 

The owners and some of the staff were up front to say they were monitoring themselves for covid due to the large volume of people at Quilt Canada. I couldn't wear my mask due to the room being so hot. We all avoided each other but one does worry. Hence why I still don't go to functions with a lot of people attending. I will monitor myself also. I should know by early next week. 

On the drive home, the sky was hazy with smoke from the fires from Quebec. You could even smell it. 

It is scary how many fires they have in one area. I do hope they get rain and cooler weather to help put out the fires. 

I watered the garden and spent time with Elliott last evening. My neighbour arrived with asparagus from their garden. I will be having it for breakfast. 

Today

I am out soon for bloodwork and then home for breakfast. I have a load of laundry on and have more to do. I want to do some housework and then am out at 4:30 to watch grandson play soccer in the city. A busy day for me.

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment