Sunday, June 25, 2023

A Good Doctor's Visit

 Yesterday was hot and humid. The sun did shine quite a bit and the high got to 28.7C with a humidex of 36C. We had about a half inch of rain fall during the night. This morning it is cloudy and 20C. We are to have a high of 26C (humidex of 31C) showers and possibly a thunder shower. 

Lifestyle

My visit to the doctor was good. My thyroid is fine, my A1C is 5.8% and the other tests were good. I thought I would have a talking to about my A1C but the doctor was happy with how much it had dropped. I think I heard him wrong at my last visit but that is okay. It gave me the wake up call I needed. He has said I am to loose another 25 lbs (no end date) and then we will talk about my goal. I will be loosing more than that. 

I had my treat (cake with icing) and I didn't enjoy it. I enjoyed the meat, cheese, and crackers I bought more. I seem to have lost my taste for sweets so my next treat will be something like meats and cheeses. I am okay with that as it is healthier and won't affect my glucose reading as much. 

I had a nap in the afternoon as I couldn't stay awake. I must have slept for an hour and I had problems falling asleep last night. No nap today so I can straighten out my sleep habits before they get so bad I will struggle for many days getting them back to normal. 

I did water the garden and all the flower pots. No need to but I was being careful. The rain came down hard just before midnight and everything is nice and wet this morning. I won't have to water tonight unless the plants in the front (north) need it. They were more protected from the rain as the storm came in from the south. 

Sewing

I did spend some time in the sewing room. I cut out 2 each of bowl cozies, pot holders and placemats. The winter fabric pile is decreasing a lot. 

I need to buy fabric for backing for the last 2 placemats and for binding the placemats and table runner. I need to see if I have enough fabric to make a couple more mug rugs. The remaining fabric will be used for a doll's outfit. I will make it next so I can say all the fabric is gone. 

Simplicity 9516

Simplicity 9516

Knitting

None done again last night. 

Thoughts

    With the humidity and lack of sleep, I really struggled to move yesterday. All day long I drug myself to do a few things that were necessary. I ran the a/c yesterday to keep cool as I would have been in worse shape if I hadn't. 

    The cake I ate put my glucose reading into the high normal range yesterday. It also made me gain the weight I lost this week. So not worth it in the end. I am now back on my strict eating habits and will continue to take my glucose reading 3 times a day. If I am really strict, I may have the weight off by my next visit to the doctor's. 

    I have been having allergies the past few days. There has been a lot of pollen in the air. The car had a yellow coating of pollen on it yesterday morning. Hopefully the rain last night has beaten it out of the air. 

    I need to start cleaning the house again. I have clutter starting to bother me and I need to deal with it. It is amazing how fast the clutter emerges and how fast it bothers me. I will tackle some of it today and over the next 5 days. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet, laundry, and start cleaning the house. With it being wet this week, I will be working inside. I need to trace the doll's pattern so I can cut it out. I may knit tonight if it isn't too humid. No naps today as I need to sleep properly tonight. A day at home trying to be busy. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment