Monday, June 12, 2023

Solar Lights Galore

 Yesterday was quite sunny with a high of 22.1C. This morning it was 10C and the sun is going to shine and we are going to have a high of 27C. 

Lifestyle

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole with the 1931 census. I did find a couple of interesting things one of which surprised me. I knew my dad and his younger siblings were placed into homes when his father remarried. That was seen in the 1931 census with my dad and one of his brothers. What I didn't know when on the hunt that same brother's was in the same home in 1921. The rest of the family I can't find. Somehow they evaded those 2 census. 

I did get the balance sheet done with no issues. Pleased that it is done for another week. 

The lawn mowers came about 10 am and I was out to talk to them. We had a good laugh over my comment at almost having to bale the grass clippings. The company owner said my lawn was in great shape from the heat we had. It bounced back very quickly after the rain. We talked about trimming the hedge and doing the edging. I have a feeling that will come sooner rather than later. 

I did fiddle with the solar lights a bit late in the afternoon. One is not working so it goes into the garbage. The rest of the small ones are working. Two of the larger ones aren't and I am assuming they need new batteries. 

The shed has the new solar lights put there plus old ones put in to the flower pots. 

I did make a solar jar. The solar light was wrapped with electrical tape until it fit into the jar lid (which I still need to paint). I put some glass rocks into the jar and let it charge. It is by the pond but I plan on placing it in a different location. I have one light so I can make another jar. Both will have some hot glue put around the inside of the lid to help keep it water proof. 

The solar light I bought for the table didn't work last night. I forgot to turn on the switch. I found it when I had a good look at it this morning while having coffee. I am excited to see what it looks like tonight. 

I did rest quite a bit after lunch. My allergies flared up and I felt miserable. With all the trees in bloom, I will suffer through it. I am having a bad year with my allergies. 

Sewing

I got down to the sewing room and cut out the table runner. I also cut out two bowl cozies and am debating if I want to make 2 more. I need to cut out some pot holders to be ready to sew on Tuesday. I will have to buy backing for the table runner as I don't have any. 

Knitting

None done last night. The house was too warm and I didn't turn on the a/c.

Thoughts

    Having spent so much time on the solar lights, I now have an abundance of working lights. I will put the two in the vegetable boxes out front. Some of the lights were still on this morning at 5 a.m. Those cheap lights are amazing when they work. They just needed some care given to them. 

    Elliott has taken to going outside on the deck first thing in the morning. He was over to sniff the plants and then explored until I chased him back in. His cat grass is almost tall enough to put out so he can munch on it in the mornings. He will love that. I have lots of seed so I can replant as necessary. 

    The garden is starting to thrive. I have to replant the cucumber seeds today as none have come up. It will be nice to have fresh vegetables during the summer. I haven't had to water since the rain but I will do a light watering tonight. 

Today

I have to get some groceries and get solar batteries from the hardware store. I need to cut out several pot holders for tomorrow's sewing time. I hope to make the 2nd solar jar sometime today. I'll try to knit if the house is cool. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment