Thursday, June 08, 2023

Phone Malfunction

 Yesterday was a drier day with showers and one good down pour. The high got to 13.2C and about 1/2" rain fell. This morning it is 10C and we are to have some showers and a high of 17C. 

Lifestyle

When I went to place a phone order for glucose strips, my phone wouldn't work. It kept saying failed call and invalid SIM. I panicked as I only use my cell phone. I went up to place the order for the glucose strips and headed in to get my phone fixed. The lovely person removed the SIM card, placed it back in and it worked. I was so excited that it wasn't the card or the phone. 

As I was out, I decided to do some shopping. I bought my wagon so now I can move items to and from the garage and shed. I also bought two solar lights for the front yard, a cat grass kit for Elliott, and the pond water conditioner. I also mailed daughter her parcel. I was home by noon. 

I spent a bit of time in the yard as the grass was dry. I turned on all the solar lights in the vegetable boxes, placed the new lights. under the tree, and hung up the hanging basket. It was good to be outside doing things once again. 

The solar pump I ordered yesterday morning was shipped in the late afternoon. Here is hoping it will be here on Saturday though I expect it will be near 5 pm when it arrives. The Prime van arrives about that time in our area. If this works, I will be ordering another solar pump and doing the fountain for the shed. 

Sewing

I did spend almost 2 hours sewing yesterday afternoon. I got the last 2 placemats quilted. I am pleased with them and now need to figure out the size of the pieces for the table runner. I left the sewing room cold as the basement didn't have heat on. I did leave the heat on low last night. 

Daughter was fabric shopping yesterday. She bought me a meter of grey (fog) grunge fabric. 


I watched episode 3 of the Great British Sewing Bee this morning. All three parts were great this time and the person who won two of the challenges deserved it. The transformation challenge was a length of fabric they had to drape into a dress. You can see who know how to drape and who doesn't. I fit into the doesn't category. The guest judge was wonderful and knew her stuff. 

Knitting

Never even looked at it. I need to bring up one of the dolls to do a fitting. 

Thoughts

    With just showers for the next few days, I need to get out and weed the hedge. It really needs doing once again. I want to do some spraying Monday morning before it turns hot for a couple of days. Under the deck needs doing as well as the road side of the ditch. I will work on the shortest piece first. 

    I need to kick my Christmas sewing up a notch. I am going to order a few things that I can put into the Christmas tub which are not sewing related. I am not sure what to make so need to snoop in the stash for ideas. I do need to make daughter's pets their stockings but I am brain dead for what else to make. It may be Pinterest to the rescue. 

    The plan for the shed is materializing nicely. I want to put out a few plastic tubs next week for recycling and then do some rearranging of items. It will be a day or two of grunting and groaning to get it organized but I know I can do it. I will take my time and rest when I need to. 

    I am having a plateau with my weight. I know part is my body is trying to catch up and part is not moving enough due to the hot weather and then the rain. Hopefully it will move once I start doing things outside. I am eating according to my plan and my glucose readings have been good. Not low but not high. 

Today

I have a hair appointment this morning so will be out earlier to get the glucose strips and do a bit of banking. I may head out to New Minas to pay for my sewing day next week and to get one Christmas present. I should do the design for the table runner and try to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment