Wednesday, June 28, 2023

A Day Around Sewing

 Yesterday was another damp day. It was mostly a misty drizzle. The high got to 24.4C with a humidex of 33C. This morning it is cloudy and 20C (humidex 27C). We are to have sunshine, clouds, showers and a high of 25C with a humidex of 33C.

Lifestyle

I had a busy day with the focus on sewing. I was out to the sale by the person who sold her quilt shop last year. She was selling her threads, patterns, elastics, trims, and many many bolts of mask lining that we were to have in our masks when Omicron was detected. She had out items I had never seen in the shop when she owned it. The area she had set up was small and busy so I looked around quickly, picked up what I wanted and left.

For daughter, I got her 5 spools of variegated thread she wants for top stitching. 

I got myself one spool of variegated thread (which daughter will get what is left) and 2 spools of metallic thread. 

I also picked up a doll's pattern and a roll of cut away stabilizer. The price on both were $5.00 which was about 1/3 of the original price. 

The lady announced that she will be selling fabric by the bolt next month. When I looked at what she has in her teaching studio, she will never use that fabric in her life time. 

I went into the quilt shop and had a quick look. The debit machine wasn't working so I left. The shop was busy as people were shopping in both parts of the building. 

Once home, I built the trolley for the Cricut supplies. It meets my needs. 

I need hooks to stick onto the top tray so I can hang the mats. The trolley looks crooked at the top so I am going to have to have a look at that. When I looked at how full the trolley is, I need to spend some time doing some Christmas crafts. 

In the afternoon, I sewed. I got the 8th block stitched out while I put the binding on 2 placemats. 

I did not knit last night. Elliott slept a lot yesterday and was cuddly last night. He spent most of the evening on my lap with his face in mine or his body close to me with my hand on him. This was him sleeping yesterday afternoon. 

Thoughts

    I really need to finish up the projects I've been working on. I noticed that I settled down when I made my decision and focused on the unfinished projects rather than worrying about getting items ready to go out to sew. I should be ready to go to Gather and Sew next Tuesday. The placemats and table runner should almost be completed. I will not have the cardinals done but I should be close. 

    The laundry was done but not folded. I will try to fold it today. The next batch of laundry is the blankets in the living room as they are full of cat hair once again. 

    The weather has been wet enough I can't do any outside work. That is annoying as I want to weed the hedge and trim a bush in the cool of the mornings. I am really striving to get the yard looking nice this year. I did look at landscape edging made from ground up tires. I may buy it to edge under the deck to keep the gravel in place. That way I can contain the gravel and know where I need to put grass seed. I want to get that project done before late fall. Once done, I will have the yard looking the way I want it to look. It will become maintenance only. 

Today

I am planning on cleaning the dining area and hall. Once done, I will need to get a few groceries as I am planning on going out to watch grandson play soccer tonight. I hope to put the binding on the remaining placemats. What ever else gets done will be a bonus. 

Until the next time......................................................

    

No comments:

Post a Comment