Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Doll's Outfit Completed

 Yesterday was cloudy, windy, and cool. There was no rain but the high only got to 14.2C. This morning it is 9C and cloudy. We are to have sunshine and a high of 17C today.

Lifestyle

I did genealogy yesterday morning. I was deep into my great aunt's branch when I wondered who had a hedge trimmer going steadily. I looked out and the lawn mowers were trimming my hedge. One person was using the hedge clippers and two had lawn rakes and were raking the cut pieces out of the hedge and cleaning up. They took 5 large garbage cans of clippings off the hedge. 

They will be back to edge the lawn along the hedge and in the fall I will get them to put down weed barrier and black mulch. I need to weed under the hedge first. While they are at it, I will get them to do under the tree in the side yard. 

While the hedge was being done, grandson arrived on his bike. He was here to take out the dead tree in the front lawn. He got the neighbour's youngest son and they set to work. The job was done, dirt put in and now I need grass seed.

The boys also brought down a broken tub and the lights off the shed for me. The boys will help me clean the shed if I ask them as they "bored". They headed down to grandson's to work on their wood shed. 

Grandson called me late in the afternoon that he had gotten his honours pin and a scholarship in music. He was one very happy and proud young man of this years accomplishment. We are proud of him too. 

The genealogy was done to some degree. I did find quite a bit of information on the branch I was working on and found their headstones. Notes were made and pictures uploaded. One thing I did was look at Google maps and found that one family member lived two blocks from her grandparents in Lunenburg. I love finding out those things. 

I had a better day with my glucose readings. It was nice to see them back in a better range. My blood pressure was good also. I am still worried about my visit to the doctor. I want it to be good but I keep thinking the worst. 

Sewing

I had time to sew in the afternoon. I sewed the wristlet and it was easy to sew but so small to handle. Sewing on the tiny snap was a job to behold. It was hard as I chose a smaller snap. I did sew on a bee button which gave the bag a fun edge. 

The outfit is done and I am pleased with it. 

I love each piece I made and the shoes fit almost perfectly.

I am now ready to start the next outfit. I need to dig in the doll's stash for fabric.

Before I left the sewing room, I finished prepping the table runner to start quilting it. I will work on it next while I do some thinking on the next items I want to make; both doll and quilted items. 

I didn't trim the cardinal block as I ran out of time. It is on the list to do as I want to get the blocks done. I need to embroider mug rugs for the winter placemat collection. 

Knitting

I finished the sleeve on the sweater and got the ends woven in. I am going to cut off the crochet at the bottom of the sweater as I like it plain. I won't do it until after I do the 2nd sleeve.

Today

I am going to start cleaning out the shed this morning. I am ready to tackle this project full force. The house work will get done on the weekend when the weather is suppose to be wet. This afternoon I will sew on the table runner and trim the embroidery block. Tonight I want to set up the 2nd sleeve. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment