Saturday, June 10, 2023

Outdoor Decorating

 Overall yesterday was a lovely day. We had lots of sunshine, a lovely breeze, and a bit of rain. The high got to 19C. This morning it is cloudy and 10C. We are to have showers this morning and sunshine this afternoon.

Lifestyle

With the sun shining and it being warm I was out on the deck playing with the fountain. I scrubbed the brick, rock, river rock and glass rocks. I put it together minus the pump and looked at it for the day. 

At the end of the day, I removed the brick. I thought the pump wouldn't be submerged enough in the water. With the sun on it all day, the water was warm. The pump should be here today to see if I am right or wrong. 

Next up, I turned the table right side up and put out the table top bbq. I am impressed with this bbq. Push in the knob, turn it and it lights the burners. I was going to bbq for dinner but it rained. 

When the big bbq is gone, the new one will sit where it was. I covered the bbq with its cover and even the propane tank can be tucked under it to keep everything dry. 

With the weather so nice, I decided to bring out the miniatures I brought with me from Kamloops. They have been tucked in around the shed and a few pieces were broken. I had enough to make a small arrangement by one chair. 


And I put the cowboy boot house on the table by the other chair.


I put up the umbrella and had some water while sitting in the shade. 

I weeded the flower bed in the front of the house and on the west side. I am glad that job is done. My last job of the day was to fix the candles in the lantern on the front step. One candle was fine; it only needed new batteries. The other one took a while as I had to clean the posts as they had corroded. I finally got them working and turned them on late last night. 

I need to sweep the landing but was tired when I was finished. I had been busier than I had thought I would be. 

In the late afternoon, I checked the solar lights and all but 2 were charged. Strangely enough only 2 came on once again last night. I'm pulling them all out and scrapping that idea. The two under the tree and the candles are going to be enough for the front and a couple on the deck for the back. I will buy 2 to match under the tree and put them on either side of the shed door. I will get a solar jar for one table on the deck. It will replace the candle. 

Sewing

I did not sew yesterday. When I came in from doing the yard work, I fell asleep on the couch. 

Knitting

None done last night as I was tired. 

Thoughts

    I am glad I pushed through and got the deck and front landing done. It was a lot of work as I was in and out of the garage and shed getting things. I was also checking items to make sure they were working and figuring out how to fix them. In all, I am pleased with how things look and with a few more items, it will be done to my satisfaction.

    I watched a few YouTube videos using solar lights from the dollar store. Some were cute but my biggest fear was the lids on the jars rusting. I have jars where the lids rusted. I saw one person spray paint them with rust proof paint. I have 3 jars that need solar lids. What ever I do, the lids need to be painted with rust proof paint. 

    The neighbour's chickens were in my yard at 5 pm. They found a way through the fence. I was out the door to chase them home. They finally went through the hole but they are now roaming further afield. I will deal with it on Monday when the county office is open. 

    There was a lot of sirens before lunch. Not sure what was happening but there were fire trucks from our station and Windsor along with the RCMP. Daughter-in-law said they went down the road before their place. She said no smoke could be seen. 

Today

It is housework day. I do hope to sew this afternoon and I may get the pump set up as it is in Dartmouth. I should try to knit tonight but we wait and see. 

Until the next time................................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment