Friday, June 09, 2023

On The Go

 Yesterday we had a mix of sun and cloud but not rain. The high got to 15.8C. This morning it is cloudy and 7C. We are to have showers and a high of 17C. 

Lifestyle

I had a busy day yesterday. I spent some time doing a dry run on the fountain. I slogged through the wet grass to get a 2 bricks and a rock. I put one brick into the big container for extra height. The rock went into the white melamine bowl for weight. 

I put the the smaller dish into the larger one to see if the height is correct. I am happy with it. 

I now need to wash the brick, rock, river stones and glass pieces to make sure they are free of dirt and dust. I'm ready to make the fountain when the pump arrives. 

I left early for my hair appointment to get the glucose strips from the pharmacy and then to the bank to do some banking. Then for a hair cut. I was early and could have been earlier as there was a cancelled appointment. It was good to get my hair trimmed back as it was getting long and shaggy looking. 

After my hair cut, I headed out to New Minas. I was getting a hoodie for son-in-law for Christmas. I got to the store and there was one left in his size and the colour he wanted. I scored big time getting it. 

I went to the quilt shop, wandered around a bit and bought nothing. A lot of items had been taken to Halifax for Quilt Canada. I heard the owners are bringing back a long arm quilting machine for sale in the shop. Not for me but I am sure someone will buy it. I paid to go to Gather and Sew on Tuesday.  I had lunch and came home. 

The afternoon went by quickly. After a short rest and fluids I went out to the garage to assemble the wagon. Easy peasy if you don't put one back wheel in wrong. A bunch of pulling and grunting got it out and back in right. 

I can now move items back and forth between the shed and the garage. It will fold up to store in the winter. 
Sewing

I spent a bunch of time cleaning some solar lights for the front planters. I was hoping for the lights to be a nice glow at night but alas I was disappointed. The new solar lights work wonderfully but only 2 of the 12 I put out over the last 2 days work. I will pull them all out but the two and start again with new ones.

I walked up to take my neighbour the tomato plants I had left. He was mowing the lot between his place and his neighbour. We had a good chat about a lot of things. I got home to have a good drink of water and start dinner. The day flew by. 

I didn't sew again yesterday but I did measure for the table runner. I spent time drawing the idea and figuring out the measurement for the pieces. I think I got it right. I will see if I am correct when I start to cut out the pieces. 

Knitting

None last night. My brain was tired when I finished figuring out the placemat. 

Thoughts

    It was wonderful being outside yesterday afternoon. I so enjoyed working on things. I do need to weed and will slowly get it done. I need to make a list and do it. Slowly and surely it will get done. 

    I had a plateau with my weight for 10 days. I was craving sweet and salty foods. I refrained and it passed. This morning I was down 1.9 lbs for a total of 36.1 lbs. I am slowly getting down to 50% of my weight gone. My activity level increased yesterday and I walked 1.2 km. 

    I was out on the deck this morning to look around at the garden and flowers. When I looked down, Elliott was beside me looking out also. I can't sit outside to have my coffee as the chairs are wet with dew. Elliott loves being outside on the deck in the mornings though he is very skittish about any noise. He runs inside very quickly if he's uncertain about anything. 

    The solar fountain left Quebec at 1:30 am this morning so fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow afternoon. I have a few more ideas for the deck. I need to look for round outdoor placemats for the little tables and put out a candle on one of them. I will put out some the miniature pieces I have in the shed. I want to sit outside on the deck when it isn't too hot. 

Today

I am home for the day. I want to set up the table for the bbq, work on the fountain to have it ready for the fountain, pull some weeds, and start setting up the deck to enjoy. I need to press fabrics and start cutting out the table runner and bowl cozies. I also need to make spaghetti sauce for dinner and to freeze. I am hoping the lawn will be mowed today as it is getting long. If I am not too tired, I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment