Sunday, June 18, 2023

Ready to Use the Cricut

 Yesterday was a lovely day with sunshine and clouds. The high was 17.7C. There was a thunderstorm during the night and it rained - .5" fell. The wind blew. This morning it is 13C and cloudy. We are to have drizzle today and a high of 15C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning re-cleaning the spare bedroom. All the furniture got moved, the floor swept and washed, and the furniture dusted. I did move the furniture around and the room looks bigger. I am happy with the results. 

I took breaks while waiting for the floor to dry and watched grandson's school's closing ceremonies on YouTube. Our friend's boy got an honour's tie and a gold service pin (72 hours of service this year). Grandson and his friend were absent so weren't mentioned. I like to watch the grade 12's graduate as they tell what the students are doing after they graduate. It is a close knit community at that school. 

I had to go out last night and get grandson's diabetic kit and deliver it to daughter-in-law at Sackville. It got me out of the house and broke the boredom. Grandson now has to weed the hedge by hand for me. I will help him as it is a big job and we will visit while doing it. 

I did talk to grandson last night and he played 2 games of soccer yesterday. Both were video taped for scouts who could not come. The team he was on won their first game and tied in the 2nd game. I hope his team does well today. The scouts look at individual performance plus the ability to play in a team with others they may or may not have played with. 

I woke to the sounds of thunder during the night. It wasn't as close as the last storm. I got up and looked out and it was raining. The wind blew the deck rug up against a chair so I knew it was safe. The garden is watered and I shouldn't have to water it until Tuesday evening. 

Sewing

I pressed the fabric I bought for backing the table runner. I cut off the piece I needed and saturated it with Best Press. It was hung on the drying rack in the bathtub.

It isn't as stiff as using regular starch but it will do for this project. I do need to starch the remaining piece as I want to use it with the left over fabric. 

I played with Cricut Design Space and got the doll's purse and shoes figured out. I cut out the pieces of fabric to the size I needed. I did place a 12 x 12" sheet of transfer tape onto the cutting mat and laid the fabric on it. It works slick -- a great hack. 

The purse, lining, shoe insoles and shoe lining are in the bee fabric. The trim and outer shoe fabric are in the black/white honey comb. There were just scraps of the bee fabric left so they went into the trash bin. There is a big piece of the honeycomb fabric that I will have to think about an item to make for the outfit. I am pleased that I used up the 1 meter of fabric I bought. 

Knitting

None done last night as I was out driving. 

Thoughts

    The vegetables and flowers are growing rapidly now. I now have to fertilize them once this storm is gone. I will have to sprinkle cayenne pepper in the boxes as the animal continues to dig some in two of the boxes. Very annoying. The lawn is growing rapidly and needs to be cut, once again. 

    I still need to clean the shed and may try to do it this week. I want it cleaned so I can organize items that need to be sold and items for son to have when the time comes. I know I can get it done in no time flat. 

    I am slowly getting the inside of the house cleaned once again. I do need to get upstairs painted and some work done. I am saving up for those jobs to be done. Probably this fall. In the meantime, I am working on having it really clean for the jobs that need to be done. 

Today

I have to do the balance sheet, fold laundry, and then sew most of the day. I want to cut out the shoes and purse and work on them plus start quilting the table runner. I also hope to have the embroidery machine stitching out at least one more cardinal. I am looking forward to a day playing in the sewing room.

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment