Saturday, June 03, 2023

Plants Are All Planted

 Yesterday was cooler with clouds and a high of 18.5C. This morning it is raining and 7C. We are to have rain most of the day with a high of 8C. 

Lifestyle

Though I was bone tired from the lack of sleep, I pushed myself out the door to plant the tomatoes, leeks, and peppers. I got the job done, the plants watered, some solar lights in some of the boxes, and went inside to rest. Really, I wanted to nap but didn't. 

When my energy level rose, I was back out the door to start planting flowers. I got the front of the house done. I trekked up to the shed to get something, forgot what it was but brought down some bird shaped waterers for some of the planters. I watered the tubs well, went inside and had lunch. I did rest some more as I was quite tired.

A while after lunch, I noticed the temperature had dropped a bit so out I went again. I hauled a 50 litre bag of dirt up to the shed and then brought all the flowers out. I planted the remaining plants for the deck and around the shed. I planted the Thai basil in a pot and put it into one the vegetable boxes. I can move it around as necessary. I watered all the flowers and hosed down the deck. I also set up the deck furniture once again and put a pot with a Gerber daisy in on one of the small tables. It was time to go inside as I was dragging myself around. I locked up everything and went to rest. All I have left is to deliver 6 tomato plants to the neighbour and get Elliott's cat grass planted.  

I watched a lot of videos on how to make a solar powered water feature. Some were simple, others were more complicated. I would love to find a pot and make one for the deck. I will be looking when I go shopping later this week. I'd have to order in the solar pump but won't do that until I have everything I need for the project. It will entail some hunting in different stores to get what I want/need. 

It has been raining since after midnight. It is great to see the rain to help not only with the dryness but to help slow down the fires. Maybe fire fighters and air support will get the fires under control in the next couple of days. Though I will be tired of the rain by the end of next week, I know how important it is at this time. 

Today

I am spending the morning doing housework. I am behind as I've spent a lot of time outside or holed up in the basement where it was cooler. I was also out a lot more than anticipated. This afternoon I would like to work on the placemats so they will be ready when I go back to sew in the store. I want to knit tonight as I'm about 9 rows from finishing the body of the doll's sweater. I will take pictures today of what I am working on. The flowers will have to wait for a few days so they can get established. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment