Wednesday, June 21, 2023

A Lot Accomplished

 Yesterday was cool until late afternoon when the clouds left and the sun shone. The high got to 17.1 C at that time. This morning it is 7C and sunny. We are to have sunshine and 25C.

Lifestyle

I was out the door early to start cleaning the shed. I wanted to make sure my plan was going to work before grandson and the boy across the street came to help. I swept and asked them to do things, and they did the grunt work. Forty-five minutes later we were done. 

Everything is organized and what was not needed or wrecked is gone. We brought some items down in the wagon that need to be dealt with (painting and mudding tools) and a lot of bins that I need to stack and put out with the garbage this afternoon. I was so thankful to have the boys helping me as they had a few good ideas also. 

Once inside, I had to turn on the heat to warm up the house. It was cool inside. I did sweep some floors and mopped the hall. Not a lot but something was done. 

After lunch, the lawn got mowed and it was long and thick. They took a leaf blower to the lawn to break up the clumps of mowed grass. When I talked to the owner of the company he said it is the best lawn he mows. I told him it gets fertilized 3 more times before winter. We laughed about that. I gave him the grain shovel I found 15-16 years ago in Fort St. John for an extra mulch shovel. 

I bagged up the garbage to take down to the road tonight. I put it all in the wagon and then will put the plastic tubs into the wagon and haul them down also. So much easier than dragging the bags down the driveway. 

My glucose readings were much better yesterday. I was low (4.2) at dinner time so had extra rice. I am still worried but know that being active is helping me. We wait and see. 

Sewing

I quilted the table runner and it is now ready for binding. It took all of my sewing time to get it done. 

I figured out that I had 6 meters of fabric to make into the winter items for the house. I have 3 meters left so have sewn half of the fabric. I will make a table topper for the table, 2 more bowl cozies, and 4 mug rugs from the remaining fabric. I still have to cut binding for the placemats and table runner. I will make some extra mug rugs for a friend to have as she loves blue. I am hoping that I don't have any fabric left from this project. If I do, I can make the dolls something from it. 

My total amount of fabric sewn this month is confusing. I did work on the doll's outfit and the placemats in both May and  June. In the two months, I have sewn 4 meters. I have bought more fabric than I have sewn (7 meters). I am trying to get the fabrics for two more quilts I want to sew. They are the cardinal and the sheep quilt. Both are for me. 

I joined a fabric fasting group with the understanding that I will sew from the stash first and buy what I need for the quilts. For Gather and Sew, I am going to start making bags once again. They are easy and I can do them in my sleep. I can prep them at home and sew them up there. 

Knitting

I got 6 rows done on the 2nd sleeve before my hands started to cramp up. A good start. 

Once done, I will make the leggings to go with the sweater so the Gotz dolls will have an outfit. If I make the sweater again, I will not be doing the short rows on the sleeves. I do not like how it looks -- the stitches are too big and I have to work them on the inside to distribute the extra yarn to get rid of the extra yarn. 

Thoughts

    The lightening storm we had a week ago (tornado warning) hit a church in the community across the lake from us. The church's steeple was hit and caught on fire. With a quick response of people and the fire departments, the church was saved though it has water and smoke damage. There were no other reported hits on buildings so I am assuming they were on ground. 

    The weather is crazy. Cool to say the least for this time of year. Daughter said it was 9C yesterday morning in Ashcroft. She wore her winter coat. About 6" of snow fell in Banff and snow was reported on the high passes in southern BC. I guess Mother Nature wanted to give one more winter blast before we bring in summer today. 

    The Spousal Unit has been gone 9 months today. I am adjusting and adapting to being alone but I do miss him every day. I am sure he would laugh at some of the things I've done and be proud of things I have accomplished. My main goal this year is to have the yard the way both of us would have loved it to be. I hope to have that accomplished by fall. 

Today

I need to grocery shop and then want to start spraying weeds. I should start cutting out the binding for the placemats and table runner. I will have to water the garden as it is going to be warm for the next few days. I will be out to watch grandson play soccer tonight. A busy day for me. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment