Monday, June 05, 2023

I Want To Hibernate

 Yesterday was cool with a high of 11.3C. It didn't rain as much during the day as anticipated but it did start again in the the late afternoon. We had about 1/2" rain fall. This morning it is 9C and raining. We are to have rain and a high of 11C today.

Lifestyle

The balance sheet was done and May was balanced. It was during this time that I realized I will be making my last mortgage payment this month. I got the bills paid and was happy to put it away for another week. 

I went out and checked the garden. The animal (cat, neighbour's chickens?) was back in the cucumber box so cayenne pepper was put on the grocery list. I pushed both beans and pea seeds back into the ground and noticed some peas have little green shoots showing. I emptied the water gauge after checking the tomatoes. The garden was fine after the rain. My feet were wet and cold. 

I did a huge grocery shopping and found this tub. 

It is for ice and drinks but I am going to make it into a pond on the deck. I need to get a pump and look for a couple of things at the thrift store, hardware store, and the dollar store. My biggest thing is which pump to choose. I'll know more after a trip to the stores. I will order it from Amazon. 

I lost another 2.2 lbs this week. I am the lightest I've been for years. I am craving something - sweet I think but have refrained from eating it. I keep thinking of my health and choose healthy foods instead. I am sure it will pass but I am envious of others who can eat what they want. 

I found the grey wet weather has me lacking in energy. I have to push myself to do things which leaves me frustrated. I know the rain is important at this time so am not complaining  just trying not to hibernate too much. 

I did take a short drive yesterday before grocery shopping. The lake is about 1/3 full which is nice to see. When I went to go onto the highway at exit 6 it was quite the maze of cones, gravel and poor marking. I missed the exit and had to back up to take it. I had to laugh as it was rather funny when I figured it out. There will be a lot of this as the twinning is suppose to be done this fall (hopefully). 

The fire near Halifax is contained. The rain helped a lot. The one at Shelburne is still out of control due to it's size but the rain helped the fire fighters get in and do some attacking of flames they couldn't do before. They could get the upper hand as we are to have wet weather until Thursday. The ban going into the woods has been lifted but the fire ban is still in place. 

Sewing

I sewed yesterday and got placemat #2 done to where I wanted it to be. I will be quilting these at home as the Juki has the ability to do the job due to its walking foot. I found it takes time to stitch in the ditch but the result is nice. Once I get the next 2 done to where I want them, I will be cutting out the table runner and bowl cozies to sew next week at Stitch and Gather. I did look at the mug rugs and will get the pieces cut out for them when I do the pot holders. I did cut out all the stabilizer for the embroidery of cardinal quilt blocks.  

I have the shoes and wristlet ready to cut on the Cricut. I need to cut the pieces of fabric and hope to do that sometime this week. 

Knitting

I finished the crocheting on the sweater. I did a lot of grumbling and ripping back to get it looking the way I wanted to. The small metal crochet hook wanted to split the yarn. 

I now need to put the sleeve stitches on the needle and start knitting on it. 

Today

I am going to push myself to do some housework and laundry. I need to get not hibernate even though it is dull and dark grey. I will sew this afternoon and knit tonight.

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment