Friday, June 02, 2023

Thunder During The Night

Yesterday was a hot day with low humidity. The high got to 31.9C and it wasn't that bad outside. This morning it is damp, 14C. We are to have showers and a high of 21C today. Rain is to start tonight.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I tackled cleaning the living room. I swept, and got the floor washed. It was dirty. I washed all the blankets and before I put Elliott's quilt into the laundry, I took the lint brush to it. I got this much hair off of it. 

I have done almost everything but put the blankets back on the furniture. 

The garden got watered twice yesterday and I am now pushing bean and pea seeds back into the soil. They pop up as they swell. Last night I watered the rose bush and the empty flower pots. 

The smoke rolled in some for a very short time last night. I could smell it and the sun was an eerie bright red as it set for the night. It was gone about 30 minutes later due to a shift in the wind. 

I was awake for quite a long time during the night. A thunder storm rolled in and it boomed and flashed louder and longer than I've experienced while living here. It rained about 1/4" which is better than nothing. Hopefully the rain and humidity helped slow down the fires and no new fires were started by the lightening. 

We have been put under a state of emergency here in our area and the lake between Windsor and Falmouth has had its aboiteau closed to fill the lake once again. The reason is to have enough water in case of a fire near us. 

Sewing

I spent some organized time in the sewing room. I got the 5th square of the cardinal quilt stitched out. While it was stitching, I sewed the buttons onto the doll's dress and got pictures of the outfit to date. 

Once done, I started to press the placemats and got them
prepared to quilt. 

I have two ready to start quilting and have drawn on the lines to start using a Frixon pen. It was at this point that I had to sit with the embroidery as it was 10 minutes to being finished and had 4 colour changes. 

Knitting

I knit and unknit the doll's sweater to fix a mistake. I am almost done the body of the sweater. I thought I had taken a picture but hadn't. 

I found this yarn done by a Nova Scotia yarn artist. I need to buy a skein or 2 of it for a scarf and hat. 

I can get this yarn about a 20 minute drive from here. 

Thoughts

    The fire near Halifax was 50% contained but still out of control by late yesterday. The fire in Shelburne County is still raging out of control. 50% of all people in the county have been evacuated. 

    There was a tornado in Alberta yesterday. There were some pictures of it on Twitter this morning. They didn't need that as they are battling fires also. 

    I watched the second episode of the Great British Sewing Bee. The backpack was a neat project for their pattern challenge. I am not a fan of the transformation challenge but that is me. The last challenge was bathing suits and that was interesting. There were fit issues and one person burnt her beautiful swim suit as she press it. The person who went home was sweet but she had her issues of not completing a project and not choosing a difficult enough pattern. 

Today

I am exhausted from being awake for a long time during the night. I want to plant the vegetables if I can get up the energy. I will nap sometime today. Depending on how tired I feel, I may finish getting the placemats ready to quilt but I doubt if I will knit tonight. I'm sure I will be in bed early tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment