Friday, June 23, 2023

A Cutting Mistake

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. The high got to 25.3C though it was warmer here (around 28C). This morning it is 9C and clear. We are to have more sunshine and a high of 29C.

Lifestyle

I headed out the door as soon as the dew was gone off the deck. I sprayed the 90 feet of ditch along the side of the property. That job is done and all I have left is under the deck. 

I did a bit of clean up in the garage. I organized a few things, put away a few things, and swept the floor. I will do a bit more over the next week and try to be ready for when family comes to help on July 1. 

I did sit out on the deck under the umbrella for lunch. I am enjoying this new routine very much. I love looking at the fountain in the pond and seeing how much the vegetables are growing. The fountain in the pond starts to run earlier and doesn't stop until around 7:30. The new location of the solar panel is perfect. 

I was tired yesterday and tried to nap twice during the day. Both times I was unsuccessful. I was to bed early and slept well. I just needed to struggle through the day it seems. 

Sewing

I did go down to the sewing room. I cut out 4 mug rugs to embroider. I also cut out 2 more bowl cozies. The remaining print I tried to cut into a square and got a rectangle. I am choked but will make a rectangle table cover instead. I have more fabric to cut -- binding for the quilted items. Of the 6 meters I had for this project, I will probably have used up 4.5 meters. I am thinking I will use the remaining fabric and make daughter placemats, and bowl cozies. I will need to buy one piece of fabric and some batting. She needs a winter set for her house. And I need to use up the fabric I have. 

As I empty the cutting table of the fabric, I am starting to plan my next projects. My ideas are more for sewing at home so I may not do Sew and Gather in July. I also want to do a few Christmas gifts using my Cricut. I have them designed and need to spend a few days doing them. 

Knitting

None done last night. I struggled to stay awake until 8:30 pm. 

Thoughts

    I looked at the hedge and have a plan. If it isn't raining, I will do some each day next week. I have to prune some bits underneath and weed. I want this done so I can enjoy a few weeks without worrying about the yard. 

    There is a fabric inventory sale this weekend and part of next week. I am not going as I do not need any more fabric. I am only buying what I need to complete projects and using up the fabric in the stash. Half of the year is gone and I need to sew more from the stash and buy less. 

Today

 I am off to the city today with daughter-in-law. If I have time when we get home, I will do the spraying under the deck. As I don't know my time line, I have nothing else planned for today. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment