Sunday, June 11, 2023

My Schedule Was Set On Its Head

 Yesterday was a mix of clouds and sun. The high got to 16.7C. This morning it is cloudy and 10C. It is suppose to be sunny and 23C. 

Lifestyle

An early morning text from my neighbour set my schedule on its head. He was coming over to install my dishwasher in the afternoon. I got busy and started out washing the stairs and front landing. My neighbour arrived early and made a list of what he needed. He was back and had the dishwasher installed by noon. I did get the stairs and landing washed while he was out buying what I needed. 

I had to clean up the kitchen before I could make lunch (the deal). I was only to happy to do that. While eating lunch, my fountain pump arrived. That was exciting. After I ate and read the skimpy instruction manual, I got the pump into the pond. A few issues that were related to the lack of info and me, I got it running. 

I am thinking of adding the extension to see what it looks like. The lilies lit up at night and the bulbs change colour. The pump doesn't work at night so I am going to have to buy the battery pack if I want to enjoy this in the evenings. I am happy that I bought the 10 watt solar panel as the pump starts very quickly when the solar panel is exposed to daylight. 

I worked on solar lights yesterday afternoon. I bought batteries for the ones that didn't work so I can have 4 small lights working. I need to get the larger sized batteries so I can get the 2 bigger ones working or I will have to replace them. After a lot of fiddling, I am going to throw away the ones that are left as it is expensive to replace the batteries and the ones without batteries can't be fixed easily. The batteries are worth more than the lights. What I have I will use and store them carefully in the winter so they last a few more years. 

I did go into Windsor in the afternoon. It wasn't too busy so I went into the dollar store. I got some more glass rocks and looked to see if the solar lights they have will fit on top of a canning jar lid. They don't. I had to go to a couple of other stores before I found the solar batteries. I need to get the AA size as I bought the AAA for the small lights. 

I ate carefully yesterday as my glucose readings were high. I realized that I ate pasta one night and then rice the next night. I need to watch my carbs at night. I ate a salad for dinner and my glucose reading this morning was way lower. Lesson learned when I connected the dots. 

Sewing

None done yesterday as I had too many other things to do. 

Knitting

I did knit on the doll's sweater last night. I am now doing the lacy piece at the cuffs. 

Thoughts

    The back deck is starting to look amazing. I saw an outdoor rug that is 5 x 9' in yellow and white and want to get it for the deck. I need to get the solar lights fixed and off the deck. I put them there so I can see if they are working at night. When that is done, I want to get a couple of folding tables to use when I eat outside at night. 

    I put a rubbermaid tub under the table the bbq is on. It is for storing the deck items I need now and will hold all the items I have to store in the winter. It is now tidy in that area instead of items on the table. Makes me feel better knowing it is contained. 

    I am on the look for 3 solar lights that I can use in quart mason jars. The ones I have are too small. I will carry my canning lid with me so I can find what I need. I'd like them to sit on top of the lid so I can glue them down to prevent water from getting into the jars. These jars have the glass rocks in them and always look nice when lit up at night. 

    Once the dead tree is out of the front yard, I will make a plan for how I want it to look. I may not get much done this year but will next year. I know I need to keep the hedge weeded, get it trimmed and do weed control yearly. What else will come with planning. 

Today

I am doing my balance sheet first and then will cut out what I need for sewing on Tuesday. If I have enough time, I will head out to get a few plants to replace those that didn't survive the rain and may head into Sackville to get a few things. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment