Thursday, June 29, 2023

A Day of Busyness

 Yesterday was one of those days that was interesting weather wise. It poured rain around 8 am and in 10 minutes 1/4" rain fell. There were more showers during the day with .65" falling. The high got to 25.2C with a humidex of 33C. This morning it is cloudy, wet, and 20C with a humidex of 27C. The high is to get to 22C with a humidex of 28C.

Lifestyle

My plans changed in the morning and I went shopping with daughter-in-law. Before she arrived I did clean the dining area and just have a couple of things to put away this morning. We had a lovely morning out going to a winery, the pool place and to get a few things we needed in a big box store. 

I was out again with family in the evening. I went to watch grandson play soccer. When we arrived, it was warm, humid, and damp. Shortly after we arrived, a cool wind came in and blew out the humidity and it was a delightful evening. We watched the fog roll in slowly as the game was played. 

Grandson played the whole game and did really well. He was upset they lost 1-0 in a very exciting play. Grandson's team is sitting 2nd in the league through hard work and good playing skills. The only upsetting thing was a spectator who was rude. The parents we usually sit with were down further indicating that this spectator is not well liked. 

Sewing

I got the threads clipped and the stabilizer trimmed on block #8. I didn't start block #9 as I wouldn't have finished it. I did get the binding sewn on to the last 2 placemats and the table runner. They are now ready to hand sew while the last 3 blocks stitch out. 


I looked at the Glide thread chart and the Caribbean variegated thread would be perfect to hand sew the binding down. But, I don't need a whole spool of that thread so I will be using either a light blue or white thread. 

I looked at the cutting table and it is nice to see some bare spots showing up. I made the right decision to focus on finishing up projects rather than sew more items that come home not completed and sit on the cutting table as I cut out more items to sew at Gather and Sew. I feel calmer knowing the projects will be completed in the next several days. 

I have been watching some videos from April's Craft Room. She is a hoot but she makes quilts from fat quarters. She has also made some 3 yard quilts. She is inspiring and wants me to try different designs. But, first I need to sew more of the stash and make the quilts I have planned. 

Knitting

None done.

Thoughts

    I got the paper work about renewing the mortgage and I am glad I will be paying it off in 2 weeks. The interest rate would almost be 4% higher than now and the payments would be $225.00 a month more. I am grateful that I can be mortgage free even though I can afford the higher rate. 

    We are celebrating Canada Day at my house this year. We will be cleaning up the garage after lunch and having chicken skewers, salads, and fresh buns for dinner. We may have to open the garage door and bbq out there if it is raining. 

    We are having a wet start to summer this year. I was reading old posts to confirm this and read about how the Spousal Unit was declining before our eyes. We were so busy caring for him that we didn't see how fast it was. Only reading about it a year later makes me realize how fast it was. Though I still miss him very much, I haven't had my funks lately. His ashes are still with me and I am not ready to bury them yet. But, I am moving forward and know he would be proud of what I am doing. 

Today

I am tidying up the living room area, taking out the garbage, and doing some shopping. I want to start stitching out block #9 this afternoon and hand stitch binding down on the placemats. I will fold laundry and do a load of blankets. Another busy day. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment