Tuesday, June 27, 2023

A Lot of Binding Made

 Yesterday was dull and wet. We had 1/4" rain fall during the day. The high got to 18.4C. This morning it is cloudy and 13C. We are to have showers with a high of 23C and a humidex of 31C.

Lifestyle

I headed out to Bedford in the morning and did my shopping. I got what I needed in 2 stores and was home by just after 12 noon. I did buy dinnerware but they have a bit of texture on them which could be a nice feature. The ones I wanted have been discontinued. 

I did some planning on how I want my kitchen to look once I get the upstairs painted. It is going to be very simple with a farmhouse look. I want to have a few things out but most items will be stored in drawers and cupboards. I know I can do it easily and can use them even if I change out the kitchen. 

I stuck to my strict eating habits yesterday and I lost weight. I am finding that it is portion control (measure and weigh) that helps the most. I still wonder if I should eat more carbs at noon and less at dinner. I find out in 3 weeks. 

I was over to see my friend last night as she was worrying about a cat that was soaking wet and huddling at her place. It turned out it was the next door neighbour's and must have gone inside its own home. We couldn't see it outside. We sat and laughed at the silly things that have happened in the past 36 hours, took her dog for a walk and I came home. A short but fun evening.

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room to do a few things. I cut 9 strips of binding, sewed them together and pressed the length in half so I can bind the placemats. I have about 7.75 meters of binding. I also trimmed the threads and stabilizer on block #7. 

I have used almost all of the 6 meters of fabric for the winter placemats. I know I will have to buy more of the blue fabric in the picture to back the 2 place mats. What is left of the 6 meters will be used in a doll's outfit. I will then have all the fabric used up. 

I have thought about wanting to sew every other week at the quilt shop. It has interfered with finishing items at home. I decided to miss today and finish up the items I started. Once that is done, I will go back and finish up the pile I made for this week. Hopefully that will be next Tuesday. 

Knitting

None done but I feel the urge to pick up the needles again. 

I looked at yarn for a vest yesterday and will do a swatch with the ball I have at home. If it works out, I may make myself one out of that yarn. If not, I will make it out of the yarn I had originally intended to use. 

Today

I have to go to the quilt shop closest to me and look at thread for daughter. I may get a couple for myself as I would like to try top stitching in variegated thread. Once home, I would like to do laundry and put together the cart I bought for the Cricut supplies. I hope to stitch out block #8 and start sewing the binding onto the placemats and table runner. My goal is to have them done by Sunday. I would like to knit a bit tonight so I can get the doll's sweater finished. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment