Sunday, March 31, 2024

Ready For The Binding

Happy Easter

Yesterday was damp and cloudy with a high of 5.1C. This morning it is clear and -1C. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I spent the morning doing genealogy as I was looking for a hint that came up. I found that hint and then started looking at my dad's side of the family, especially his half sisters. It was interesting and fun to make some neat discoveries. I am still looking for one piece of information. 

At noon, I went over to family's to have lunch. It was delicious; meat, cheese, crackers and a yummy dip. We visited some and then I came home. They had lots to do before heading into the city for grandson's soccer practice. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon quilting the last row of blocks on the cardinal quilt. Once done, I stitched close to the edge around the quilt and then trimmed it. It is now ready for binding. 

I did cut out the binding before leaving the sewing room. I was tired from doing 3 hours of sewing where I was man handling the quilt. 

As I finished the quilt, I realized that I have put a lot of time into this quilt. I have had a lot of issues with my thoughts when making it. I have realized now that I am allowed to do things the way I want to and really not worry about what others say or think. As long as I am happy, I can and will do what I want when quilting. When I want help, I will ask for it and pick and choose the ideas I like. 

I had a coupon to use up by today and I bought a doll's dress that I want to make. It is a dress with a underdress/slip. 

I am looking forward to making it later this spring. I have the fabric in the stash. 

Knitting

I knit quite a few rounds on the socks last night. I had to quit when I started to get warm from the heating pad on my sore muscles. 

I am enjoying this sock as much as the first one. The colours still amaze me and I love the feel of the soft yarn as I knit. 

Thoughts

    Once I had realized that the quilt was weighing me down mentally, I started to feel better mentally. I didn't realize that I was trying to please others when I should have been pleasing myself. It is how I roll with some of my projects though this was the worst case scenario for me. I am over it and realized how much this quilt for me to continue to explore a different method of quilting and to use my embroidery machine to showcase some of the blocks. I am proud that I set out to do what I wanted to do. 

    I also realized how much I haven't wanted to do things around the house lately. It is hooked to the feelings I have had with the quilt. I am ready to do more housework, go back on my diet (yes I have gained a bit of weight), and start doing the things I need and enjoy doing. 

    I am by myself today and have planned my "Easter" dinner. Family will be having Easter dinner with friends which I think is wonderful. They need to have more of these times with their friends without parents tagging along. 

Today

I am to do laundry and some housework this morning after I do the balance sheet. I want to get the binding strips sewn together and onto the quilt so I can start hand stitching it down. Tonight I will knit with hopes of finishing the leg of the sock. If I have time and the wind isn't blowing, I would like to go for a walk as I need the exercise. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment