Saturday, March 09, 2024

The Quilt Is Growing Larger

 Yesterday was cloudy but not dark and gloomy. There were times the wind blew hard. The high got to -0.2C. This morning it is cloudy and -3C. It is suppose to clear off and be sunny with a high of 8C. 

Lifestyle

I had my massage yesterday morning and left quite sore. I blamed myself for working through some quite sore spots. I didn't feel they were so sore that the therapist needed to stop. The last spot she worked on was the sorest and she did back off on it. It is the spot that hurts the most during a flare up. On the up side, my knee loved the massage and has no pain or stiffness in it at this time. 

Once home, I sat with heat on my sore spots and hoped I wasn't having a flare up. I did do some housework but it was hard to do. I was sore and achy. I kept asking myself why and then blaming myself for not saying stop. I finally had to stop thinking about it and do what I could. 

I woke up at 2 am and moved in bed. There were 4 cracks in my right hip area. I moved again and one crack in my left hip area. Another move a bit later and a crack in my back. Things were shifting back into place and the pain was almost gone. So much so, I slept in this morning. I have some pain but nothing compared to yesterday. Everything shifted into place that needed to and I am sure it was causing me the pain yesterday. 

I checked my glucose reading yesterday and I had a low at dinner. I thought I ate enough at lunch but it seems like I need to find more dense carb foods. I may try apples at noon vs having applesauce. 

Sewing and Crafting

I did work on the quilt yesterday. I got all the grey squares quilted. I am still seeing issues where I sew the blocks together and need to work on that. 

The quilt is getting heavy and awkward to handle but I did manage it by rolling it up and holding it high in my lap where necessary. I think this is the maximum size of quilt I will be able to quilt as you go. I would do it this process for lap quilts (36" x 48"). 

I made card #3 and am happy with it. They are getting easier to make though I work very hard at having them look well balanced. 

The inside of the card has the a plaid strip and a cut out on the bottom. Using the scraps is a lot of fun and I am hoping there will be very little left over to put into recycling. 

I found a person who has videos out that focuses on using up all the paper when making cards and helping newbies get started and organized. I really enjoy her videos and ideas. 

Knitting

I worked on the hat last night and am going to take the decrease rows out and do 5 more rows on the body of the hat. It is too short for me. But, I love it as it is so soft and warm on my head. Just like the burgundy one I made last year. 

Today

I need to do yoga first thing this morning, then housework. I also need to put gas in the car before lunch. This afternoon I want to quilt the red squares on the quilt and make another card. If I have time I would like to do one row of smocking. Tonight I will unknit and hopefully finish the hat. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment