Friday, March 08, 2024

I Had A Fun Afternoon

Yesterday was grey, glum, and very wet. Two inches of rain fell and the high got to 3.4C. This morning it is snowing lightly and -1C. We are to have a mix of sun, clouds, and a few flurries with a high of 1C. 

Lifestyle

I was out early to get my hair cut and lucked out that I was between showers when I got in and out of the car. When I stopped at the scrapbooking store, it was pouring rain. 

The rain continued all day and it was a bit worrisome. On our streets, you could see water coming down the side of the road in waves. The ditches had water in them and were running quickly to the big culvert. On the way into town, the ditches were full of brown water that was moving quickly. There was water on the roads in town but I didn't hear if any businesses flooded. The rain stopped in the early evening and then it started to snow lightly during the night. The roads are bare this morning so I am assuming they were salted during the night. The storm is gone thank goodness. 

I had chicken that I had cooked in 7 spice, garlic, and lemon juice. It was okay but not as exciting as I thought it would be. The next container I will add a sauce to the meat. 

Elliott had a day of sleeping and was still wanting to be under a blanket last evening. He is a great sleeper on dull grey days. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent the afternoon playing. I finished hand sewing the long seam on the back of the quilt. I am happy that job is done and I can start quilting the row. 

My next little job was to make a card. I put on the video showing the process and made my first card. I am very pleased with it. I used some gems which I bought at the scrap booking store. 

I am very pleased with it. I added a strip of paper and a cut out to the inside. 

Next on the list was to smock the next row on the doll's chemise. It is the trellis stitch done between rows 1 and 2. I counted a lot to make sure I did the right number of stitches going down. Once I had to fix a mistake. 

I worked on it being well done. My smocking muscle memory is returning slowly. 

And with enough time left over, I made another card. 

I added a strip of paper and a cut out to the inside of this one as I want to use up the scraps of paper. 

The two cards together. 

I have the inside sentiment stamp and will stamp them once all the cards are completed. 

Knitting

I knit on the hat last night and am ready to start the decreasing rows. 

This has been a fun little project and once done, I will finish up the cross stitch picture and start on the next pair of socks. 

Thoughts

    I played with my diet yesterday and I need to increase my carbs at noon. I was quite low at dinner. This is the hard meal for me to get right as I haven't eaten a big meal at noon for years. 

    I spent my day enjoying what I was doing rather than striving for perfection. I got a lot more done in the afternoon than I had expected. I noticed that I was more relaxed than I have been for a long time. 

    I am still working through the first module on perfectionism. It is helping me think about what I have been doing and why I do or don't do certain things. It is hard but I am working on accepting what I do is well done even if it isn't perfect. 

    I enjoyed making the two cards realizing that I can donate them if they don't sell. I am happy with what I accomplished and know that I can do it. 

Today

I have a massage first thing and this will be my last one for a while. Once home, I want to do some tidying up before lunch and then have fun sewing and crafting. I will work on the cross stitch picture tonight. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment