Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Quilt is Growing Longer

 Though we had sunshine and a high of 7.9C, the wind was cooler than I had thought it would be. This morning it is cloudy, windy and 5C. We are to have flurries/rain, wind, and a temperature of 0C this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

I spent yesterday morning cleaning the house. I started out doing my bedroom and once done, I swept and tidied up the rest of the upstairs. I didn't mop the floors as they are clean. It was nice to have that job done. While cleaning I got 2 loads of laundry done ready to fold today. 

I went outside to sweep the gravel off the driveway and that was when I noticed how cold the wind was. I did the job quickly and the dust will be gone with a good shower. My next job is to pull the two posts that show the edge of the driveway in the winter. 

I had a sugar low at 4 pm as I missed having fruit at 3 pm. I ate an orange quickly. I must remember to eat something at 3 pm. It is hard to remember but I will continue to work on having that piece of fruit mid afternoon. 

I am noticing that the soreness and stiffness in my right hip is starting to disappear. All the hard work is paying off. I will continue to do what I can at home and I hope that I can put more time between physio and osteopathy visits starting mid April. 

Sewing and Crafts

I worked on the quilt yesterday and got the red squares quilted. I pinned row 5 onto the main part and sewed it on. I then finished the back seam and it is ready to hand sew in place. I got more done than expected. 

Once done, I decided to do the hems on the sleeves of the doll's chemise. I even got them hand stitched. 

They are ready to pleat. Here is hoping I have no issues pleating them. 

I enjoy having the Diamond set up to sew on the doll's chemise. It certainly saves me time threading and rethreading the Juki. I will probably set it up to sew piping from start to finish as I have lots to make for daughter. 

Knitting

I finished the leg and got 20 rows knit on the heel flap of the sock. 

What is interesting is the yarn pattern on the heal flap blends in perfectly with the leg. The leg is done in the round and the heel flap is done back and forth. 

I will be finishing this sock before I start the mate as I only have one skein of yarn. I use a lot of row markers when knitting one sock at a time. When doing a pair, I will move the leg markers to the foot when both pairs of socks have the gusset completed. Doing it one pair at a time, I move the markers after completing a section of the 2nd sock. 

Thoughts

    I had a good day yesterday doing what I had set out to do. I am working on not doing spring cleaning when tidying up. I am at the point where all the windows have been cleaned on the inside and the rooms cleaned thoroughly. The floors are clean and everything is quite tidy. I can now work on doing each room quickly and do some spot cleaning in certain areas. 

    I am making some decisions on what I will be doing for the next while. I am cancelling one subscription as I haven't look at the it for a while. I want to continue doing crafts but don't know if I will have enough inventory to sell at a small craft bazaar this November. My focus has been on getting my hip and knee to the point of no surgery. I will make a decision in August if the craft bazaar is in the books or not.

    I revisited my idea of using up what I have in all my stashes. I won't be buying much for the next several months as I have lots to work with. There will be some purchases to finish projects but my goal is not to purchase materials for new projects. As I looked around the sewing and family rooms, I have plenty to keep me occupied for a few months. 

Today

I have to do yoga and upper body strength this morning. I also want to sweep floors as I see Elliott's fur in some areas. I also need to fold laundry. I want to hand sew the 48" seam on the quilt back and do a bit of paper crafting. Tonight I will knit on the socks. It is a stay at home day for me. 

Until the next time........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment