Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Storm Wasn't As Bad As Predicted

Yesterday was a day of snow flurries and wind. The high got to 2.1C. This morning it is cloudy and 1C. We are to have flurries this morning and cloudy this afternoon with a high of 4C.

Lifestyle

I was out the door early for osteopathy. The roads were wet and there was fog. Otherwise no issues. When I left osteopathy, the sun was trying to shine. When I got to the freeway, the clouds had dropped and there were snow flurries. The roads were wet until Ellershouse and then they were dry. 

My visit to osteopathy was good. My hip is still in place which was wonderful news. My back is bothering me some so she worked on that. Then she moved to my left rib cage and worked on the bottom rib. I had a fuzzy feeling in the left groin. She was happy as what ever was wrong is right again. 

I was sore for the rest of the day. I applied heat when I got home and in the evening. During the night, there was cracking in my hip and back and I feel much better today. Things were shifting back into place. 

I was out for dinner at family's last night. We had a wonderful roast chicken dinner and I brought home the carcass. I will be making more broth and freezing it. The extra meat will be made into something like chicken pies. 

Sewing and Crafting

I worked on the wine bottle bags yesterday. The four bags are sewn down the side and across the bottom. Two have been boxed and are ready for me to make the lining. 

The cardinal one is my favourite and I will have 3 of them for sale. 

The western one used up most of the fabric scrap though I may get two wine bottle toppers or one gift bag topper out of the remaining scraps. 

I did work on the smocking but have to take out the row I am working on plus the previous one. There is a mistake in the previous row. No big deal as I can work on it over the next few days. 

I put laid out a card and can put it together. I used up the bits and pieces from the six other cards I had made. 

The scraps that are left will be tossed as they are small and useless. I am pleased with how little waste I had when making these cards. 

Knitting

I set up another hat and got the ribbing done. 

I am now ready to start on the spiral part. This hat is for me. 

Thoughts

    Though yesterday had lots of snow showers, very little snow stuck to the ground. It was melting fast. The roads were in good driving conditions. Mt Uniacke had the most snow on the ground but the roads were fine. The storm that was predicted didn't materialize like planned. That was nice for people who have to commute to work. 

    I was thrilled that my hip didn't tip forward in the past 3 weeks. I am way more relaxed and that is allowing the joints to shift around into place. My back is bothering me some and I will have to work on that. Part is how I stand and part is soreness in some muscles. I should be able to do more this spring as I am in a much better place than I was last spring. 

    I had a major glucose low late yesterday afternoon. I am going to have to try and have a piece of fruit mid afternoon to see if that will help. It was a bit scary as I didn't have any symptoms but decided to test before I went out for dinner. I am glad I did. I had apple juice before I left. 

Today

I am out again today. The car is having an oil change plus recall work done on it. Daughter-in-law is picking me up and we are going for breakfast and then a bit of shopping. I will have lunch and do a bit more shopping before I come home. I am not sure what I will get done at home but I would like to start picking out the smocking so I can work on it. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment