Thursday, March 07, 2024

Another Storm Has Arrived

 Yesterday was cloudy and warm with a high of 10.2C. This morning it is raining and 2C. We are to have rain, freezing rain, ice pellets, and a high of 5C. It is suppose to snow overnight. 

Lifestyle

I was out for physio yesterday morning. It was a great session with lots of positives. The SI joint is in its proper place. There was very little cracking going on as my body has relaxed and everything is good. I did the exercises and did 400 lb leg presses. I was quite proud of myself for doing that. I left the session quite happy. 

I went to see family for a bit after physio. They are over covid though I wore a mask most of the time. We had a great visit and lunch and I came home as they were busy with other things. 

I did a bit of tidying up, visiting with Elliott and relaxing before I headed downstairs.  Later in the afternoon, I took recycling out to the curb for pick up. That meant I had to take recycling up from the basement and from the kitchen. I filled 2 bags full. 

I ate more yesterday and felt good. I am ready to eat a more balanced diet today. I will increase the amount of carbs I can eat at lunch and dinner. I haven't gained weight and am working on maintaining at this weight. 

Sewing and Crafting

I had a relaxing afternoon in the basement. I got half of the seam hand sewn on the back of the quilt. That was 24" of tiny stitches. My hands started to hurt so I stopped. 

I decided to cut out cards and I spent an hour or so doing that. I had chosen the prints and it took a while to choose the plain colours. I decided on yellow and a dark pink. I cut, made a mistake, thought how to fix it, and continued on. I have 6 card fronts cut out ready to put together. I laid out 3 cards.

I will have 2 of each print with 4 backgrounds in yellow and 2 in the dark pink. The cut outs are picked and I am ready to work on assembling these cards. I will need to watch the video to make sure I am doing the order correctly. 

There are some scraps of the paper left over to cut down and put a strip on the inside of the card. I will look at the cut out pieces and see if I will put a piece on the inside. I need to get a stamp to put a greeting on the inside. 

Knitting

I cast on yarn to make a hat. This yarn was sent to me by daughter and I made us hats from it in burgundy. It is lovely and soft to work with. I also love the tweedy look it has when knit. 

As I know the pattern quite well, I sit and knit. I did 18 rows last night. 

I did look at the counted cross stitch picture and need to figure out where I want to cross stitch the border around it. I will get it done in the next couple of days. 

Thoughts

    I am pleased with my progress at physio. I am much more flexible and stronger than I have been. I do worry about falling down the stairs but I am doing the right things to avoid that happening. I have stopped worrying about having surgery as I have very little pain in the joints. Most of the pain I have comes from tight muscles, tendons, and one cranky nerve. Upon reflecting I have come a long ways since September. 

    I had an anxiety attack over failure yesterday. I really had to work hard to get over it. Part of it was failing in physio (which I am not). Most of it was about making cards. It was time to make them and I am glad I did. I am still a bit worried about them not selling but have come to the conclusion that I will donate them to a women's shelter if they don't. That helped me settle down a lot. 

    It has really rained since midnight. The ditch has a lot of water in it and running like a creek. The storm is to be short lived but it is doing its best to drop all its moisture on us. 

Today

I have to go out and get my hair cut and then I want to go to the scrapbooking store to see if they have a stamp I want. I want to look at card stock they have on sale and buy a few pieces of it. Once home, I hope to do some laundry, tidy up a bit, and then settle down to sewing and crafting. I will monitor the weather and see if I need to salt the driveway. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment