Sunday, March 03, 2024

Sock #1 Completed

 Yesterday was another warm sunny day with a high of 10.4C. This morning it is raining and 6C. Today we are to have rain and 9C. It is going to be a grey day for us. 

Lifestyle

I got busy yesterday morning and cleaned up more in the kitchen. I took out the recycling, swept the floor, and mopped it. It was dirty but not filthy. 

Once done the kitchen, I did a bit more cleaning up and then went out to enjoy the warmth and sunshine. It was lovely. 

In the afternoon, my friend picked me up and we went to New Minas. She needed thread and a piece of fabric. I needed nothing. We did wander around looking at all the fabrics. I mean all the fabrics. We had a delightful time in the store. 

Once home, my friend gave her dog a quick walk and came over to look at my mini iron. Hers was recalled and she saw mine at the quilt shop. It isn't a fit for her due to how it is heavier at the front and the handle is wrong for her hands. She did love my mini heat press and is going to look at that. 

Crafting and Sewing

I did get the back seam on row 4 hand sewn and am ready to quilt the middle block. Once done, the row can be sewn onto the quilt. I am pleased with how far I am. 

I did not touch the smocking as I had no time to do it. It is on the list for today. 

I was out to the scrapbooking shop to get some paper for cards and tags. They are moving to a new and better location towards the end of the month. It is good to hear that a business is flourishing not only in our area but the owner ships across Canada. I look forward to going to their new and larger store. 

Knitting

Sock #1 is done. I am happy to have it done and I will admit it isn't perfect. You can't see the mistake as it showed up as I was finishing the toe. 

Sock #2 is set and ready to do the toe. It has the same mistake as sock #1 so they will be a matching pair. 

Thoughts

    I tested negative again today and will test again tomorrow morning as I go to the dietician after lunch. I think I have dodged Covid this time around. Hopefully grandson has dodged it also. 

    I had a good time with my friend and we both realize we need to do fun things together. She invited me to go with her to Hope for Wildlife today but I declined. I need to do more inside jobs today. And I hate being outside in the rain. 

Today

I need to do the balance sheet and pay a couple of bills. My cleaning job for today is the paper craft area. It has become a mess once again. I want to focus on smocking one row on the chemise and pin row 4 onto the main part of the quilt. If I have time, I will cut out some tags ready to glue two layers together. I want to finish sock #2 tonight. It is a perfect day to stay at home and get some things done. 

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment