Friday, March 15, 2024

A Day of Doing Things At Home

 Yesterday was quite sunny with a high of 7.8C. This morning it is cloudy and 0C. Today is to be cloudy with a chance of flurries or showers with a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday morning and was sore at times. I did all the moves and stretches correctly to try and help the pain. There was a bit of cracking but nothing huge. 

Next up was to clean the bathroom. It was spring cleaned -- walls wiped and everything scrubbed clean. I even washed the floor on my hands and knees. It smelled so clean when done. 

The next jobs for the morning were to fold laundry and put it away and take the pop cans to the bottle depot. When I walked into the depot, I came down off the step hard and made my hip really hurt. I survived it. Heat is my best friend. 

I had been cooking a chicken carcass in the morning and before lunch I strained the broth, put it into containers. I shred the meat to have some for dinner and put some in the freezer. 

I used some of the broth for dinner and it was flavourful. The remaining containers went into the freezer. There was over 11 ounces of meat which made 3 meals for me. 

I went for a walk yesterday afternoon. It was just over .5 km which is good for my first time out since last fall. I used the poles and found that I am walking stronger and better. It was nice to be out in the sunshine and doing something I enjoy. I hope to walk on nice days and build up to 2 km. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent time in the sewing room and finished up the outer part of the remaining wine bottle bags. Next up is the lining which I will do another day. 

I worked on the first two blocks of row 5. They are quilted and sewn together ready for me to hand sew the back seam. 

It was nice to work on it after a few days of not looking at it. 

Next up was to spend a bit of time smocking. I got started on row 4 and am progressing slowly. I count and check as I don't want to make a mistake. 

I have printed out the sketches for the next set of cards and looked at the papers. I had no time left to do any planning. 

Knitting

I did knit last night. I am nearing the end of this hat so will have to wind yarn for socks. 

I may have to start knitting hats between socks as I have lots of yarn that will make great hats. I need to find a place to donate them to. 

Thoughts

    I had some cracking of the joints when settling down in bed last night. It did help some. The pain is a bit different this time and I am wondering what has stretched and what has tightened up. I am wearing new runners that have me stand a bit differently. I do like them as I feel more comfortable on my feet when wearing them. 

    When I went to stand up yesterday from washing the floor, I noticed that I am able to do it much easier. Another improvement. I am wondering if getting into the truck on Wednesday did a lot of stretching that helped more than I thought. 

    I have been working on the perfectionism and have caught myself several times slipping into over thinking and focusing. Once was yesterday when I was quilting. I had to stop, talk to myself, and start again. I let myself measure the spacing for quilting rather than mentally beat myself up. It worked. 

Today

I will do yoga this morning while laundry is on. My goal is to clean the kitchen more thoroughly this morning. I want to work on the quilt and smocking this afternoon, walk if it isn't raining, and knit tonight. A stay at home day for me. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment