Sunday, March 17, 2024

The Chemise Neckline Is Smocked

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with a high of 9.8C. This morning it is cloudy and 3C. We are to have a mix of rain and snow with a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday morning with a bit more ease. I am trying to do a bit more of a few exercises to build more strength in my hip now that the muscles have relaxed. 

I decided not to go to New Minas and shop. I need to do the balance sheet and have a plan for the rest of the month getting what I need. I asked the question "Is this really a need or a want?" It is a bit of both. 

My cleaning focus was the hall and dining area. I did a good job on it and have it looking much cleaner and tidier. It wasn't overly dirty but dirty enough that it needed doing. The dining room table has been tidied up with all my notebooks put into a container. I can use them and put them away easily which is important. 

I did two loads of laundry -- bed linens and some blankets. I had the bed made early and got that off my list. My bedroom is to be cleaned next so I like to have the sheets done before I do it. 

I went for a walk at 4 pm. I was able to go another pole in distance. Once done, I went to see my friend for an hour as we haven't visited in a week. It was a great way to end the afternoon. 

Sewing and Crafting

I worked on the quilt yesterday and have two seams to hand sew on row 5. Then it will be 2 blocks to quilt and I can attach it to the quilt or wait until I do row 6. 

When row 5 is added, the quilt will be 60" long. 

It will certainly cover the couch when it is done. 

I had time to smock on the doll's chemise. I got the neckline finished and pulled out the pleating thread. 

I thought the black thread stained the fabric but I think it may be needle holes. The fabric is very thin and the holes in it are big. I will need to give it a press and see. If stained, it will be getting the Dawn soap treatment when done. 

I did way too many rows of pleating on the neckline and will only be doing 4 on the sleeves. They have 3 rows of smocking on them. All the stitch I love to invent my own way of doing it. I will pay attention to the pattern. 

Knitting

I finished the hat last night and it is ready for me to wear on cooler days. 

Next up is socks which I still need to wind the yarn into a cake.

Thoughts

    My hip and knee are improving and the pain is more local rather than running up and down a muscle or tendon. I still wonder if it is joint pain or weakness that needs to be worked on. It feels great not having pain from tight muscles. Even my gait has improved though I still need to work on it as I get stronger. 

    I enjoyed walking again yesterday. I am hoping I can walk 2 km at a time. I know it will take me time to get there but I did it last fall when I was in worse shape than I am in now. I enjoy being out in the fresh air and find it clears my mind of a lot of things. I am looking forward to watching tulips and daffodils bloom, the magnolia trees blossom, and everything look green and lush. 

    My friend and I talked about the real estate market. It has really slowed down with nothing selling in our small area since last fall. The 55+ area behind us has homes for sale (5 new and one older) and they sit at a high price. The house for sale on our street hasn't sold yet. It is the best deal of all the homes for sale. On the up side, more people are out looking at places for sale. We haven't had many people driving around looking for places. Overall, inventory is low in the municipality. The great deals are sold quickly. 

Today

I have to do yoga first thing then do the balance sheet. I have to clean up Elliott's litter mess before I can do what I want to do. My friend and I may go to an open house. I do want to hand sew the quilt back, wind yarn, and start knitting socks tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment