Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Doll's Chemise Neckline Completed

 Yesterday was the first of spring and I didn't realize it until last night. We had a lovely day with sunshine and clouds. The high got to 5.8C. This morning it is partly cloudy and -2C. We are to have a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 7C. 

Lifestyle

I was in New Minas before 8 am and picked up daughter-in-law. We went for breakfast and it was delicious. I was hungry. Once we were done breakfast we went shopping. We did the big box stores and I bought only what I needed plus yarn for more hats. 

Daughter-in-law's car was finished ahead of time so we headed to get it. It was nice that she could get home early so she could prep for dinner and have a rest before their company arrived. While at the dealership, I got the tires torqued on my car and then headed home. 

After lunch, I relaxed to have a bit of a rest and slept for 40-45 minutes. I was more tired than I thought I was. I had slept poorly as I didn't want to sleep in and then we walked 1 km while shopping. I did that without the sticks. 

I did my new physio exercise each time I came up the stairs. They are brutal but they do help. I noticed a difference when I did them before dinner. 

Sewing and Crafting

Once I woke up fully from my nap, I hand sewed the facing on the doll's chemise. That took me an hour as it needed tiny stitches and only the top of the back of the pleat caught. 


As I hand sewed, I trimmed off all the fabric threads so it is now neat and tidy. Next up is getting the sleeves ready to pleat and smock. 

Knitting

I bought yarn yesterday for new projects. 

The yellow is for a doll's sweater and a hat for daughter. The purple is for hats for daughter-in-law and daughter. I will be using up more yarn in the stash. I know it needs to be knit and I do knit a lot during the year. I will knit from both new and old yarn.

I knit on the sock last night and have 9 rows left before I start the heel flap. 

I love watching the colours mix and mingle as I knit round after round after round. 

Thoughts

    I have been monitoring what I am eating. I have 2 pieces of fruit for snacks during the day. I have started to measure and weigh my food as I was shorting myself on quantity. I am feeling much better and have lost 1.5 lbs. My goal is to slowly loose another 2 lbs and try to maintain that weight. I am finding having fruit for snacks is helping my glucose levels but I have to remember to eat them. 

    My IBS has improved since having less pain and stress. I know when it started, I was stressed out from the basement flooding and it continued on with pain added to it. I know it can flare up at any time but I am hoping it will not be too often. 

Today

I have to do housework and laundry this morning. This afternoon I want to quilt row 5 and get it sewn on to the quilt.  I also want to work on the chemise. If time, I would like to go for a walk. This evening I will knit. It is a day at home doing things as I want to be out on Friday. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment