Monday, March 04, 2024

A Day Immersed In Paper

 Yesterday was a grey damp day with a high of 9C. About 1/2" of rain fell. This morning it is cloudy and 3C. Today is to be cloudy with drizzle and a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I did the balance sheet and one week is easy and the next week has its issues. This week had its issues and I finally got it sorted out. Staying home and using what I have certainly paid off. I'm doing this in March. 

After putting everything away from doing the balance sheet, I headed downstairs to clean up the crafting area and worked down there until noon. I sorted, cut scraps, tossed garbage, and got everything put away. It is an area that I need to use up what I collected last year. I also need to keep it much tidier. I need to sweep the floor today.

I did 2 loads of laundry and need to do more. I am slowly getting caught up with the extra laundry from when grandson was here. I am also laundering the winter placemats as it is time for them to be put away. Spring will be here and I don't need winter out. 

Sewing and Crafting

With the craft area tidy, I decided to do paper crafts in the afternoon. My first job was to work on the second signature of the journal. The first page is done and I am pleased with it.

Going through every tub and basket was great as I found stickers I had forgotten about. 

I am doing the pages that talk to me as this signature is pushing me to really think about some of the pages. This was one of them but I got it done. 

Next up was to play with the Cricut and I made 3 tags (and several mistakes). Each tag is made up of 2 tags so they are sturdy. I had fun with these. 

After watching a few new videos, I have made one of the tags shorter and will cut out a few of them. I also made 2.5 x 3.5" rectangles so I can do a few of them and see how they turn out. The Cricut does a great job of cutting out the tags and once I have the sizes I want, I will do them by the page. These are made out of scraps left over from other projects. 

While cleaning up the work space I found the little cards I had made. I will be making more of them as they are cute. 

These are for wine bottle bags and are perfect for using up scraps. The others I plan on making are square. I need to get a stamp for the inside. 

I sat for a good 45 minutes smocking the first row of the chemise neckline. It was good to do some slow stitching at the end of the afternoon. 

You can barely see the stitching as the thread matches the chemise perfectly. 

Knitting

I finished sock #2 last night. Though they gave me some issues, they turned out alright in the end. 

Thoughts

    I had a good day yesterday doing some things I had wanted to do. I am working on having a day where I do 5 - 6 hours of paper crafting. I really needed a day to play. 

    The sun is rising earlier and I can see the sky lightening up when I get up. I do enjoy it. I remember when we saw the sky lightening up in the mornings when we lived in northern BC. It was wonderful after the short dark days of winter. Here it is just as nice even if we don't have the real short days during winter. 

    I am starting to feel like I am really on the road to having the hip and knee issue resolved. I am having less pain this week. I am hoping that I can start going to physio and osteopathy less often. 

Today

I am doing yoga this morning as I am feeling like I need it. I want to do some housework also. I have to see the dietician after lunch and then grocery shop. If I have time, I will do another row of smocking. I am going to start a small cross stitch picture this evening as I need a small break from knitting. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment