Thursday, March 14, 2024

Smocking Done Correctly

 Yesterday was a nicer day with some brightness. It started to clear late in the afternoon. The high got to 3.6C. This morning it is -2C. We are to have sunshine and a high of 7C today. 

Lifestyle

I had to be in New Minas at 8:30 am so left in good time just incase there was slush on the road. The roads were great. I left the car to be worked on and daughter-in-law and I started our day off with breakfast and then some shopping. I bought 2 pairs of running shoes after trying on 3 pairs. They were on sale buy one pair and get the second pair for $2.00. 

I was back to the car dealership at 11 am and had a 30 minute wait before the car was done. The brakes had to be replaced (knew that was in the books) and the recall work was done. The check engine light was on but there is nothing wrong with the car so they turned it off. I am to try a different method when starting it which other hybrids have to do. I am to drive it a bit more also. 

Once home, I sat with heat on me as I was sore. It is quite the feat for me to get into the truck but I can do it. I was pretty proud of myself as I haven't got into the truck for a few years due to my hip. 

I got the garbage out to the curb before dinner. I am waiting for a spell of dry weather and I will back the car out and sweep the floor and tidy up the area. The first job is to take the pop cans to the depot. I will slowly get the area cleaned up once again. 

Sewing and Crafting

With my hip tired from the truck, I decided to work on the last card and get it done. It was my design using up the scraps of card stock from the other 6 cards. 

I have kept the few scraps as I can use them to lift pieces when they sit on 2 levels of card stock. I am thinking I need to add something to the plaid -- hearts or larger crystals. 

I tackled the smocking by taking out the part row first. Then I worked on taking out the third row. I have to say that I tried not one or two variations to the pattern but 3. Once I completed the picking out, I did row 3 correctly. I am now happy with it. 

I have the last row to do and the neckline will be done. Then on to the 2 sleeves which I hope won't take as long. 

Knitting

I worked on the hat last night and got a lot done. It is knitting up quite quickly. 

I had to stop as the Tylenol was starting to work and I was feeling tired. 

Thoughts

    I am looking forward to wearing new runners. The ones I bought have more support than the old ones. I really like them a lot after I tried on new version of what I had been wearing. My hip hurt less when I had these on meaning the extra support is needed. 

    We found bok choy seeds yesterday which we didn't think we would find. I will be planting them inside in April so we can have small plants to put in one of the vegetable boxes. 

    I am excited that I have no more appointments until Monday. I can do things at home for a few days. I am happy about that. 

Today

I am going to put the chicken carcass on to make more soup broth. I also want to clean the bathroom and fold laundry. I have to get some groceries and take the pop cans in to the bottle depot. If I have time, I want to set up the next 4 blocks for the quilt and do a bit of smocking. Tonight I will knit. I am looking forward to having time to do things around the house. 

Until the next time.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment