Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Keeping My Thoughts Positive

 Yesterday was full sunshine until late in the afternoon when the clouds started to come in. The high got to 7C. This morning it is 8C and we've had rain and the fog is coming in. It is to be dull and damp today with a high of 10C. We are under a rain warning that is to last until Friday. 

Lifestyle

I got yoga done yesterday. Worked on the moves/stretches and did them to the best of my ability. I am having less pain doing them and even during the day. 

Once done yoga, I washed the three living room windows. It was kill mould day. I sprayed, washed, rinsed, and cleaned the inside of the windows and the bottom panes on the outside. I stood back and admired them. It is still too cool to take the windows apart to clean the rest but I will do that when it warms up. At least the mould is gone on the inside. I am hoping that washing the windows with isopropyl alcohol keeps the mould at bay for a while. I did bleach them when I started to clean them. 

Once the windows were done, I swept the living room floor and then cleaned the stairs down to the front door. That job is done for now. It gets dirty quickly but I don't anal over it as it is the only way to come into the house. 

Lastly, I cleaned up the table, marinaded and cook chicken, and relaxed while I ate lunch. It was a great morning in which I didn't allow myself to stress out over things. I made sure my anxiety level remained low. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent time in the sewing room. I quilted the one square that needed to be done and discovered I had quilted another square wrong. I had a chuckle as I had thought it would happen and fixed it. The row was attached to the quilt and is ready to have the back seam hand sewn. 

The quilt is now 48" square. I am loving it. It is getting heavy to handle now but I am still able to manage it. 

I had some time before dinner so I sat in the family room and smocked row 2. I found this row easier to do as row one has stabilized the piece. I had forgotten about that. 

I had the tv on but didn't watch it much. It was more for company than learning time. I wanted to focus on enjoying the chemise. 

Knitting

I didn't knit again last night but got the main part of the cross stitching done. 

I have to do a border around it and it will be done. I have enjoyed this little project to date. I will be ready to knit again in a couple of days. 

Thoughts

    I found a workbook and another site to work on understanding my perfectionism. What I read yesterday helped me focus on not being negative about myself. I did notice that I had to do self-talk several times during the day and those really helped me move on. I tried to focus on the positives and it can be hard. 

    I ate more food yesterday and felt better. I had no headaches or feeling overly tired. I am looking at how to increase my calories safely. Cooking chicken with new spices was exciting and I plan on having them with rice and vegetables. I am also getting out recipes to make other dishes to make and freeze. 

    I have decided that I am going to head out on Saturday to shop in another community. It will do me good to be away for half a day or longer. I don't have to shop locally though I will continue to support some local businesses. I may try to do this a couple of times a month. I was doing it after osteopathy but stopped for some unknown reason. 

    One thing I am working on is the "use what you have" concept. I know I took it to the black and white stage in life and had some guilty feelings about buying fabric. That in turn made me stay at home isolating myself from stores. I wanted to be in control of "using what I have". It spiralled from there to isolating myself from others and denying myself from having enjoyment in my life. I realize, now that I have analyzed it, how much I was hurting my mental health with this.

Today

I have physio this morning and am looking forward to that. After I'm done I want to come home and do a couple of things in the dining area. I may wash the insides of the windows and sweep the floor. I want to quilt on the quilt and do some paper crafts this afternoon. This evening I want to work on the border of the cross stitch picture. 

Until the next time........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment