Saturday, March 30, 2024

Nearing The End Of The Quilt

 Yesterday was a mix of clouds, rain, a bit of sunshine and a high of 16.4C. Just over .5" of rain fell yesterday. This morning it is cloudy with showers and 2C. Today is suppose to be showery or snow flurries and a high of 4C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did paper work for the accountant. It is not my favourite job so I sat until it was completed and then emailed it. Was very happy to have that done. 

Next up was to fold laundry and put it away. That job was completed so I can do more laundry today. I did putter and make sure things were cleaned up and tidy before I went out. 

Dinner was at family's last night. We celebrated my birthday by having chicken enchiladas, apple tarts, and ice cream. My friend was invited and we had a lovely dinner. My birthday is today but family is in the city this afternoon and evening. We also made it our Easter dinner as they are out for soccer practice tomorrow. 

Elliott was happy to have me home in the evening. He slept on the sofa and was quite relaxed in this position.

Even though he has a quiet purr, I could hear him purring last night. He was one happy cat. 

Sewing

I did spent quite a bit of time working on the quilt. I hand sewed the 48" of seam, then quilted the vertical seams and finally did the horizontal seam. That row has no pull on it horizontally and the blocks look quite square. 

I am nearing the end of the quilt and hope to have all the quilting done today. 

When done and ready to hand sew the binding down, I will complete the wine bottle bags and the doll's chemise. Then it will be time to start new but easier projects. 

Knitting

I got 10 round knit on the socks last night. I am 1/3 done the leg at this point. I didn't even take a picture of the sock last night. 

Thoughts

    I went down the genealogy rabbit hole this morning. It is always fun to find a bit more information for the family tree. I may have to go to Newfoundland to get some more information on a few people as I can't find anything online. I keep searching and do find some interesting bits here and there. 

    We continue to have rain and I estimate that we are up to 9.5" as of early this morning. We are excited as the sun is suppose to shine for 3 days starting tomorrow. It will be so nice to have it bright rather than dull. 

    Daughter-in-laws daffodils are up with buds on them. Her tulips are also up but only the leaves. I will be looking for daffodils at the place where we turn off to come into our subdivision. They have a lot of daffodils amongst the trees and they are a wonderful to look at when coming home. 

Today

I have one load of laundry to do, some floors to sweep, and a bit of tidying up to do. Then I will spend time quilting the row of blocks with hopes of cutting out the binding. I want to knit tonight. It is a stay at home day for me. 

Until the next time..........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment