Tuesday, March 19, 2024

I Turned A Corner

 Yesterday was another nice day with a high of 8.8C. This morning it is 1C. We are to have sun and cloud with a high of 5C. 

Lifestyle

I was out to physio mid morning and I am improving. In fact I have turned a corner to being almost where I will be as good as I can be. I have weak muscles that we are working on strengthening and the two new exercises I got are brutal (at the moment). I am pushing to get to my maximum best so I can enjoy doing things without pain. Or at least very minimal pain. 

In the afternoon I was to the Wellness Center in the hospital where I met the physiotherapist who looks after physical activity. When she saw me, she was amazed at my progress. We talked about what has been happening and then I did my 6 minute walk. I did the same distance as the last time but I did it at a consistent pace and I was upright and strong. I am where I should be for my age. She has given me upper body exercises to do. She will work on upper body and hopes that I can join her programs this summer. I am looking forward to that. 

When I got home, I was tired from having two active appointments. I rested for a bit and then decided to cut up peppers and onions for dinner and the extra for other meals. I also cooked 3 chicken breasts so I can have extra cooked chicken in the freezer for lunches and dinners. I ended the session cleaning up the kitchen. 

Sewing and Crafting

I had a bit of time to work on the doll's chemise. I got the facing prepped and on the neckline only to find out it was too short. I had to add on to it. It is now pinned on ready for hand sewing. I had to stop and leave for physio. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night. I did over 10 rounds and am loving how the yarn knits up. 

How it is knitting up is so different than I had thought it would. The colour ways are short so it changes colour quickly. The yarn is a delight to knit as it is so soft and squishy. 

Thoughts

    I had thought having 2 appointments in one day would be difficult to handle but I did okay. I was tired as both were physically oriented. I learned new exercises and had some good stretches at physio. At the Wellness Center, I walked, showed my new exercises and did upper body exercises with weights. The time and money I have put into getting this hip/knee issue fixed has been worth it. No surgeon for me in the near future. 

    My mental health has improved as I have less pain. I think part of my perfectionism issue evolved around the pain I was having. It brought up old thoughts and that caused me to over focus on doing better than my best. I now realize that having limited mobility was causing me to over focus on doing other things perfectly. It was causing me to bring up the old thoughts. I know I am not over the issues but they are settling down. I think I can do the paper work that I found. I have worked through my thoughts enough I can tackle the course I found.

    The doll's chemise is driving me bonkers. If anything can go wrong it goes wrong. The neck facing was the latest issue. The only positive is having the 2nd machine set up so I don't have to change threads on the main machine. I will grit my teeth and work through this knowing I will probably never make this pattern again. 

    I sat and thought about the balance sheet and went back and had a second look. The cost of the brakes on the car has been the big expense which ate a lot of the budget. I know I can meet my goal by being very careful for the rest of the month. I have done it before so I can do it again. 

Today

I am out this morning in 45 minutes to pick up daughter-in-law and go for breakfast. Her car has a 4 hour appointment. I need to get weights for my arm exercises and see if I need anything else. I hope to hand sew the neckline facing down and quilt row 5 (time permitting). I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment