Saturday, March 02, 2024

A Day Doing Very Little

 The weather has gone from cold to less cold. We had sunshine and a high of -2.5C yesterday. This morning it is -4C. We are to have sun, clouds, and a high of 12C. 

Lifestyle

I didn't post yesterday as I was busy getting grandson ready for son to pick him up. We both had to test (negative), and be ready to go at 7:15 am. I hope he has a great weekend in Ottawa. 

After grandson left, I pushed myself to eat, clean up the kitchen, and get his things to his house. I spoke to daughter-in-law from a distance and she is feeling a tiny bit better. I hope she is on the road to getting over Covid.

I walked down to visit my friend. I wore a mask for safety reasons. We had an hour visit. She told me the excitement of emergency vehicles going to the area behind us was a person who had a heart attack. Unfortunately he did not survive. I was sad to hear that. She also told me her son and 2 grandsons (my helpers) had Covid also. They must be over it as the youngest went to school yesterday. Her daughter-in-law didn't get it and my friend is safe as she hasn't had contact with them for several days before they got sick.

After lunch, I had a nap. I woke up still feeling tired but knew why I was tired. The worrying, stress, etc. had caused me to have an IBS attack. By evening things had settled down and I was feeling much better and less tired. 

Sewing and Crafting

I didn't sew yesterday. On Thursday I worked a bit on the quilt and it is ready to have a seam hand sewn. I had to stop as the iron spit on the backing and I had to get that off. I had used the iron before it had heated to full temperature. It always spits when I do that. I know better but I was rushing.

The fabric I ordered arrived and it is darling. I admired it but was too busy to think about colours for it. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night but did on Thursday night. I knit sock #2's foot until I ran out of yarn. I then started on sock #1's toe. Fourteen rounds later I realized I hadn't moved stitches so I had the same number on each needle. I unknit 14 rounds. When I went to move stitches I realized I had decreased two round too many on the gusset. I wasn't unknitting the foot to fix that. It will work. I am now ready to knit the toe on sock #1. 

Thoughts

    Grandson and I tested negative yesterday morning. We may not get Covid this round. I will continue to test as I have to see the dietician at the hospital on Monday and the physiotherapist on Wednesday. If negative then, I will stop testing as I won't get it. 

    I got a letter to say my car has to go in for recall work. I need to make an appointment and have them do everything (recall work, oil change, and engine check light). If it stays overnight so be it. I need to have my car safe to drive. 

Today

I am going to do housework this morning, sew this afternoon, and knit tonight. It is a day at home for me as I get caught up after doing very little yesterday. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment