Monday, March 18, 2024

New Yarn, New Socks

 Yesterday was grey with rain in the late afternoon and evening. The high got to 5.1C. This morning it is partly cloudy and 2C. We are to have sunshine and 7C today. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and have noticed that the pain is still located in the new spots. The old pain seems to be gone. For that I am grateful. I am doing more stretching to keep all the muscles limber and, hopefully, strong(er). 

I did the balance sheet and the little bit of stats I do. I have to buy very little for the next two weeks if I want to put away the $$ I had planned on. The brakes were the big expense which means I have to use what I have and get only what I need. I have roughly figured out what I can get as extras. The rest of the month is use what you have and get only what you need. Groceries are a given but other items will be selectively chosen. I have plenty of stash to work with and know what I will need to continue doing crafts. 

I cleaned up a bit in the house before declaring it time to stop and do what I wanted to. With the wet weather it meant I couldn't walk. I was sad about that as I am enjoying being outside. I was going to go to an open house but decided not to as I am not looking for a house. So I went and did some fun things in the family room. 

Sewing and Crafting

I started out my time making 3 cards. I had found a card sketch that I wanted to try. I used 2 sheets of paper to make them and I quite like the design. Bonus -- very little scraps. 

Once I got started, the next two went together quickly. I was on a roll. 

I started digging in the stickers I have and I enjoyed myself immensely. 

I also took some card stock that I had cut and folded one in half and made a tag using more scraps and some wooden Christmas trees. I need a sticker on it. 

I hand stitched the two back seams on row 5 of the quilt. I took a picture but you can't see the stitches; only the lines I draw to keep the back pieces lined up. 

I can now quilt the two red blocks and it will be ready to attach to the quilt. 

It was a very productive day in which I had a lot of fun. I now need to work on the journal which means loading tag into the printer and printing out some pictures for it. I also need to continue hunting for ideas on how to present what I find in the book. 

Knitting

I wound the skein of yarn before lunch and admired it while I ate my lunch. I love the colours in it. 

The top of the cake is full of colour which is exciting. What will the socks look like was my main thought. 

After dinner I cast on the first sock and knit 22 rows. I love this yarn as it is soft and squishy. 

I am doing the same pattern as the last socks as I want the colours to show up and be the star of the socks. I don't think we will be disappointed in how these socks look when done. I am super excited to watch them develop over the next several weeks. 

Today

I have physio this morning and have physical activity at the hospital in the afternoon. I will probably be tired from having 2 sessions in one day. If I have enough energy, I want to quilt the red blocks on row 5. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment