Tuesday, March 05, 2024

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly News

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day (no drizzle or clouds) with a high of 6.3C. This morning it is clear and -2C. Today it is suppose to cloud up and drizzle later this afternoon. The high is to get to 8C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I did yoga and it went well. I am starting to notice that I have less pain when doing the exercises. I know that I have some weak muscles and tendons and will continue to work on them.

Once done, I cleaned the living room area. I moved furniture, swept and washed floors. In the end, the room was cleaned and I was happy. If I have time, I may bleach and wash the windows in that area to kill the black mould that has started to show up. 

I did get all the laundry folded and put away. I also put the blankets I washed back onto the couches. 

After lunch, I went to the dietician. It was an interesting visit. I am not considered diabetic anymore which was good news. I am not eating enough carbs which I was wondering but the bad part is I am not eating enough calories. I have put my body into starvation mode. Bad news. My weight is good but she feels I weigh about 5-10 lbs less than I am due to the fact I have quite a bit of excess skin on my arms and some on my belly. Take that away and I am at a good weight for my age and small body structure. 

We talked about body image of which I have had a bad one for many years. It is improving since loosing weight. We talked about perfectionism. I have that which is causing me to have issues. I fit the profile to the "t". This is what I need to work on for the next while. This has caused me a lot of issues in the past and it is going to take time to change over the next long time. I have to stop looking for mistakes and failure and stop criticizing myself or set higher standards. This is how I got the handle "Anal Annie". This was the ugly news the one I don't wish to deal with but must. 

After seeing the dietician, I went grocery shopping. I bought extra food for yesterday and today and will start cooking more over the next while making sure my portions are larger. I have been eating too small portions and need to up the size of them. This is going to be hard but I am willing to tackle it slowly. 

Once I got home and got the groceries put away, I had a snack and sat and thought about many things. It is the start of a talk to myself about getting things where I can feel better about myself and my life. 

Sewing and Crafting

I didn't sew or do crafts. I did look at both briefly. I did take out everything I have made for daughter and I have done well for January and February. 

I have one more piece of piping to make for her and I will send it to her. 

I have a couple of goals for sewing and crafting. They are evolving and sort of look like this.

    Sew down the fabric I have making items to sell or donate to others. Have less focus on how much I am making and to stop being so perfect. 

    Work on the quilt but don't set difficult deadlines to meet or having it perfect. As a friend said, once done and on the bed or couch no one will see the mistakes. 

    Cut into a pad of paper and make some cards/tags. Don't sit and play and put it all away. I have everything to make cards but am being too critical about them not being good enough. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night but did some counted cross stitch. I have the blue done on this little picture for the journal. 

Thoughts

    I am glad that I saw the dietician yesterday. She is willing to work and help me get things back on track for me. I have to stop thinking the worst will happen and enjoy myself more. It is going to take time which I am willing to invest. I have found a course on Perfectionism which I am going to start on today. 

    I am hoping to get out and do some shopping out of town. It won't be this week as I have appointments every day this week. I will use some of my time to plan what I want to buy for meal planning. I may go Saturday as the weather is going to be nice. 

Today

I am going to do yoga first thing. I want to wash the living room windows as it will be warm and then work on putting away the winter items I had out on display. If time, I would l to do a bit of work in the dining area as I am wanting to clean it up again. Making sure I eat enough is also on the list. This afternoon, I want to work on the quilt, plan a card layout and smock one row on the chemise. Tonight I will continue working on the cross stitching project. 

Until the next time..................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:53 PM

    Not
    by Erin Hanson
    You are not your age, nor the size of clothes you wear,
    You are not a weight, or the color of your hair.
    You are not your name, or the dimples in your cheeks.
    You are all the books you read, and all the words you speak.
    You are your croaky morning voice, and the smiles you try to hide.
    You’re the sweetness in your laughter, and every tear you’ve cried.
    You’re the songs you sing so loudly when you know you’re all alone.
    You’re the places that you’ve been to, and the one that you call home.
    You’re the things that you believe in, and the people whom you love.
    You’re the photos in your bedroom, and the future you dream of.
    You’re made of so much beauty, but it seems that you forgot
    When you decided that you were defined by all the things you’re not.

    ReplyDelete