Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Another Busy Day

 Yesterday was a grey, foggy, rainy, snowy day with a high of 4.7C. This morning it is 1C with snow flurries. It is suppose to snow a bit with a high of 2C. 

Lifestyle

I was out the door early to go to Dartmouth. My drive was foggy and misty. Daughter-in-law was ahead of me and she said there was not fog. The weather in Dartmouth was either rain or not rain until noon when big fluffy flakes of snow fell for 20 minutes. It didn't stick to the ground. The drive home was good. Foggy with mist but no snow. 

We had a great time in Dartmouth. We went to Costco and got a few items but browsed. It wasn't busy so we wandered up and down all the aisles killing time. It was fun to look at everything and talk about things. Our next stop was Walmart but we didn't wander in there. It was busier so we got our things and left. 

We had a wonderful lunch of loaded potato soup, salad, and bread. Perfect for a wet day. 

Once home, the weather tried to snow but not much happened with it. In fact it was nice enough that the people across the street got the street hockey stuff out. The boy stands up at my garage door and shoots the ball into the net and dad sends it back up to him. I am so glad they have a place they can do this safely. 

I have eaten too much and am feeling stuffed. My weight is up a bit so back to eating my "rations". I don't want to gain weight so I will be careful until I have the two pounds off. 

Sewing and Crafting

I had quite a bit of time to work on projects in the afternoon. I got the trellis stitch done on the doll's chemise. It was a simple stitch to do and went quite quickly.

There is one more row of smocking to do and I have never done that stitch. I look forward to doing it.

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on cards. I ran out of double sided tape in the dispenser so had to use the roll I had. I finished up the 3 cards I had designed.

With these cards done, I will start to cut out the next 6 cards using a different layout. I need to buy glue and tape so I can make them. 

I also looked for a wine bottle tag and have found this one I can cut out on the Cricut. Her svg file does not work so I used the hand cut one and sized it per her instructions. I am going to make one to see if I have the right weight paper. If I do, then I will proceed to make a few of them. 

Knitting

I worked on the counted cross stitch picture and got it done. I am very pleased with it. It will be used in the last part of the journal. 

Thoughts

    I am feeling much better about driving into Dartmouth again. My memory muscles are back again. I will be going in when the weather is nicer so I can start buying some Christmas gifts. 

    I have two appointments on Monday. One for physio in the morning and one for the Wellness Center in the afternoon. I will be tired as it is going to be one active day for me. 

    My last appointment for this week is tomorrow and I will be happy to be home after that for a few days. I need time to clean the house and do laundry. I feel like I have done very little in the house the last 10 days. 

Today

I have osteopathy this morning and will be coming home right afterwards. I want to do the last row of smocking on the chemise and do some sewing on the wine bottle bags. I want to knit on socks tonight if I have wound the yarn into a cake. If not, I will start another hat for myself. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment