Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Row 6 Completed

 Yesterday was dull and grey. Midafternoon it started to rain and just over 1/2". fell. The high got to 6.3C. This morning it is cloudy and 4C. We are to have drizzle, showers, and a high of 12C today. 

Lifestyle

I was to see the doctor yesterday morning. It was short and good. My reports from the hospital dietician and physical activities coordinator were excellent. My blood pressure was good and the only worry is the low glucose levels. With everything under control, my body is using up glucose very efficiently and I need to keep working on eating more carbs. I see the doctor in 3 months and if that appointment is good, I see him every 6 months after that. 

I had a bigger lunch with chicken and air fryer fries. I was full after lunch and hoped that it would hold me over. I felt good until 4 pm when I did my glucose and it was 4.5 (low). I had an orange and some crackers to hold me over until dinner. 

I picked up grandson from school yesterday and I enjoy our little visits to his house. We had a lovely dinner and visit. After dinner, I helped daughter-in-law put together a Lego Mixel's package. We sorted through the bins of colours to find the pieces for the package. I left after we had found the feet and faces for the remaining 6 packages. Once those are done, it will be on to the smaller Lego kits and then the big ones. Grandson has a lot of lego thanks to his two sets of grandparents (I'm guilty). 

Sewing and Crafting

I sewed a lot yesterday afternoon. Blocks 3 and 4 were completed and joined onto blocks 1 and 2. I hand sewed twice, pressed and quilted lots. Row 6 is now ready to sew on to the quilt. 

I will be happy to have this quilt finished. I am tired of working on it. It has given me a lot of negative feelings that I am slowly working through. Part of hanging onto the negative thoughts has been pushing myself to become proficient in this method and to finish it up by the end of March.

On the positive side, I have learned a lot about this method of quilt as you go. Anchoring the seams vertically helps to eliminate the horizontal stretch I have had. Stitch in the ditch is an art which I am still learning how to master. Hand sewing the back seams down can be relaxing even if unnecessary. I love how hand sewing makes the seams disappear on the backing I chose. 

Once this quilt is done, I am going to work on some simple projects while I prep the next quilt. I need a break from handling a heavy labour intensive project. 

Knitting

I took the sock over when I was out for dinner and daughter-in-law tried it on. It fits her foot perfectly. Once home, I worked on the toe and the sock is now ready for me to kitchen stitch the toe closed. 

I can write up the pattern in my knitting book as I plan on knitting her more socks. Her feet are tiny and her pattern is specifically designed for her. 

I will finish the sock quickly and start on the next one. I will be writing the pattern as I knit it. 

Thoughts

    I was surprised that the doctor will start seeing me every 6 months after my next visit. He only has a handful of patients who are on that schedule. It makes me happy that I am at a stage of health where I can be on that schedule. 

    We talked briefly about my low glucose levels (eat more carbs) and my fear of gaining the weight back. He is understanding of that and is encouraging me to eat healthy and monitor my weight. We are both happy with the weight range I have chosen. We also talked briefly about my physio and osteopathy and he is hoping I can start seeing them to maintain where I am will be after we get the stubborn muscles relaxed and strengthened. 

    The major amount of rains we were to receive are not happening. The two big storms have broken up and moving off in different directions. It seems as if showers will happen over the next few days which is fine with me. The ground needs a chance to dry out a bit as it is so soggy. It also seems as if we are going to be warm for the next few days and then return to the normal temperatures. 

Today

I have to be at physio early this morning. Once home, I want to do laundry. I also want to work on the quilt so I can have it ready to finish this weekend. I will knit on socks tonight and start writing the pattern out.

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment