Friday, March 29, 2024

A Fun Day of Shopping

 Yesterday was warm and wet. Just over an inch of rain fell and the high got to 18.8C. This morning it is cloudy and 8C. We are to have periods of rain, maybe a thunderstorm, and a high of 14C. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I were into the city in good time yesterday. The drive in was foggy and damp. The roads were wet but not running with water. 

Our first stop was Costco in Bayers Lake. It was busy and a bit of a gong show. It took us almost an hour to get what we wanted and we were happy to leave. 

Next up we went into Halifax. We did another wholesale store which wasn't as busy. I pushed the buggy and marked items off the list. Once done there we did grocery pick up at Walmart. That works out quite nice as it is at the back of the store and very quiet. We did have to go in to get some items from the coolers. 

Lunch was at the mall (next door to Walmart). We left once we had eaten. The drive home was foggy and damp. When we were almost home, the fog lifted and the roads were fairly dry. I helped unload the car before coming home as grandson had to be picked up from school at 3 pm. 

I was tired when we got home. I didn't do much. I used the heating pad on sore muscles. It was either from physio on Wednesday or the weather. Or it could be both. The heat helped a lot and I did do a few little things to keep moving. 

Sewing and Crafting

I didn't do any sewing yesterday. Nor any hand sewing. I was too lazy to go downstairs and do it. 

I opened my birthday gift from daughter. She gave me this lovely piece of fabric. 

It is Dandelion Wishes Vintage by Hoffman Fabrics. I am thinking of buying a solid fabric for a border and binding to make a lap quilt. This piece is 42" wide by 40" long. I could do 2 borders if I wanted to. It would be a fast and easy quilt to make. 

Knitting

I cast on the 2nd sock and got 35 rounds knit on it. It was nice to have my hands busy while I had heat on the sore muscles. 

Thoughts

    A person in our area reported we had 207 mm of rain fall up to yesterday morning. That is just over 8" of rain/snow. That is 5 times the amount that fell in March 2023. No wonder we are a soggy mess. The dirt is starting to run out from the bottom of the vegetable boxes and the edging on the outer side of the hedge is sticking out of the ground with air space under it. 

    I had a great time shopping yesterday. Though we had a deadline, we were able to have a bit of fun while in the stores. I stayed within my budget which was wonderful. 

    I am not sure why the font size changes from large to very large in some parts of the post. I have tried everything. Some days it is fine and others I have to go back and fix it. 

Today

I have to work on some paperwork for the accountant. I have 4 days in which I can do it. I want to hand sew down the seam on the quilt this afternoon. Tonight I am out for dinner at family's to celebrate my birthday early. I hope to knit when I get home. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment