Monday, April 01, 2024

The Robins Are Here!

 Yesterday was a mix of sun and clouds with a high of 6C. This morning it is clear and -1C. Today is suppose to be sunny and 7C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I did a bit more genealogy focusing on a great aunt and uncle who "immigrated" from Newfoundland to Lunenburg, NS around the same time as my great grand father and family did. Like others, one of my great aunt's sons immigrated to the US. 

I did get the balance sheet done and all went well. I have bills to pay today and then all is done until Sunday. I met my goals for the month and April will be another "use what you have" month. 

I was out to friends for dinner last night. We haven't done a meal at their house since the Spousal Unit passed away. We had smoked turkey and ham from the smoker I gave them and it was beyond delicious. We had lots of fun with many good laughs throughout the meal and evening. 

My neighbour and his boys along with son will be helping me get under the deck done this spring. The boys will help do the grunt work and I have access to lovely pea gravel for under the deck. I may buy more from my friend to do under the hedge. A couple of wheel barrows may be busy this summer. 

Sewing

 I worked on the binding yesterday. I got it on the quilt with about 20" left over. It is now ready to start hand sewing the binding down. 

I will hand sew some each day until it is done. 

I did look at the wine bottle bags and will start on them today. It will be nice to work on a smaller project that is quick and easy to do. 

All of the fabric from daughter has been put away. The dog panel and the two fabrics for the flying geese have been laundered and ready for spray starch. I will get the starch this week so I can start the panel sometime this month. I still need to launder and starch the snowflake quilt I want to make. 

I sewed 1.45 meters of fabric in March and bought no fabric. The quilt was the main focus and the fabric had been accounted for in previous months though the binding was logged in March. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and got the leg of sock #2 completed. I have to move stitches around and then I can start on the heel flap. 

And the other side of the sock.

Thoughts

    Spring is coming. The crocuses are starting to bloom in my friend's lawn. Their daffodils and tulips are up and growing nicely. I will be spending a lot of time admiring the tulips and daffodils when they bloom. It is time for me to uncover the garlic and let it enjoy the sunshine. 

    The left over decking is going to my friends so he can make planters out of it. I have no need for it as the deck is still in like-new condition. I have a ladder to get rid of as it is broken. That will go when the municipality does big pick up in early June. I really want nothing under the deck when it is completed. I have other projects to do over the next couple of years. 

    I just looked out the window and saw my first robins. More signs of spring!!

Today

I have housework and laundry to do this morning. I have the turkey carcass to make into soup also. This afternoon I want to sew and tonight I will knit. I also need to do yoga and other exercises as I took the Easter weekend off. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment