Monday, March 11, 2024

Out To Watch Soccer

 Yesterday was cloudy and grey with a high of 4.9C. It started to rain and the wind blew hard. About an inch of rain fell. This morning it is cloudy and 4C. We are to have flurries today with snow tonight. 

Lifestyle

I did the balance sheet quickly yesterday. I was surprised as I had wondered if I would have a mistake that I couldn't find. But no, everything went well and I was done in less than 30 minutes. I did get a load of laundry going while I was doing the balance sheet. 

I had to get some food for lunch yesterday as I was heading in with family to watch grandson's team play their last game of a soccer tournament. It was nail biting and heart racing through the whole game. Grandson's team lost but it was a very well matched game. They placed 4th in the tournament which was great. Though the players train together, not all of them have played together.

The tournament was put on by one of the soccer clubs and they did a great job. They invited a team from New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and PEI along with 3 top teams from Nova Scotia. I was told all of the games played were close in scores which meant the teams were equal in ability. That made for a lot of excitement. 

Grandson played well. On Friday he scored and was playing a position he normally doesn't play. That was amazing to hear about. His team won one, lost one on Saturday. They performed well. There was at least one scout out looking at the players and he said hello to son and grandson. Grandson did an ID camp at that university. 

On our way home from the tournament, it started to rain and by 8 pm it was pouring rain and blowing hard. I have to say it was noisy and annoying. The next storm is coming and it is bringing snow tonight. 

Sewing and Crafting

None done as I was gone all afternoon. 

I was able to think about the next 2 sets of cards I want to make. Both will use up all the paper (no scraps). I will add some dimension to them. I also have chosen a gift card holder to make which I will also add dimension to. 

I may sew up the wine bottle bags and mug rugs next as I will be home only part of each day for the next few days. They are quick to do and I can leave them when I am done to pick up the next day. 

Knitting

I did finish the hat last night. I will probably give it to daughter-in-law as I have the yarn to make another one for myself. 

I have to wind the next sock yarn into a cake so I can start making them. I am excited to see how the yarn will look knit up. 

Today

I am out to Dartmouth this morning to pick up daughter-in-law and go shopping for 3 hours. Once home, I will try to either smock on the doll's chemise or do the 3 cards I have laid out. Tonight I want to finish the cross stitch picture and get it ready for the journal. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment