Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Last Row Of The Quilt Started

 Yesterday was cloudy but not dull. There was very little wind and the temperature got to 3.5C. This morning it is cloudy and 1C. We are to have showers and rain is to arrive tonight. There could be freezing rain. The high is to get to 4C and rise overnight. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga yesterday and it always feels good to do it. Once they were done I did the arm exercises. They are harder as I am just starting out and my muscles are weak. I also did the "brutal" exercises and, though they hurt, they are definitely doing their job. 

I tidied up the house yesterday and mopped floors. They were dirty from normal living. I was busy doing the little things until almost noon. It is nice having the house easy to clean. 

I had a sugar low yesterday afternoon. I had an orange at 3 pm thinking all was good and at 4:30 pm it was low. I was making dinner so added more carbs to the mix. I now need to figure out what to add to lunch to keep me going until 3 pm. I have an idea or two to try out. 

The noise wasn't evident last night and I slept well. It was back to just a few vehicles coming and going due to shift work. The nice thing living here is how quiet it can be at night. 

The sky last night was beautiful This picture shows it pink and pale blue but it was deep orange and medium grey. I stood and looked at it until it was completely dark. 

Sewing and Crafting

I spent the afternoon sewing and quilting the first two blocks on row 6. I forgot how much quilting there was on the last row. It seemed to go on forever. 

It took me about 2 hours from start to finish which included hand sewing the back seam. 

I looked at the doll's chemise and the journal but have decided I won't work on them until this quilt is ready for the binding to be hand sewn down. I am at the point of wanting this quilt completed. 

I haven't even looked at the fabric for the next quilt. I need to launder and starch it before I can even start cutting it out. I will only be making the top (flimsy) for this quilt as I don't want to wrangle another quilt as you go. 

I have several pages planned for the journal and will work on them once the quilt is done. I am looking forward to doing them as they will be something different from sewing. 

Knitting

I worked on the sock and have sock 1 ready to try on. I need to know if it is long enough or if I need to do a few more rows. 

Once I know how many more rows I need to knit, I will write up the pattern in my book so I can refer to it when knitting socks for daughter-in-law. 

While I wait for her to try them on, I will start knitting a hat. This hat will be for daughter-in-law and the next one will be for daughter. 

Thoughts

    I am furiously thinking about what to change in my lunch menu. I am not a big eater at noon which makes it hard. If I eat too much, I don't want to do things in the afternoon. But, I need more carbs than I am eating. I will have to work on it so I don't have those low readings. 

    While working on the quilt, I had some negative feelings about quilting. Most of it is that I am doing a quilt as you go method that isn't done around here. Quilting is done traditionally in this province and if you step out of the box, it had better be creative vs different. I have worked through that and moved on to figuring out how many quilts I have left to make and budgeting for having them long arm quilted. Will I do quilt as you go again? Maybe though I am leaning towards finishing the quilts I have planned and doing no more. I will work on other items like placemats, potholders, and mug rugs. 

    I have made a plan on how to do under the deck. I want to do it myself with little to no help. It will take me some time to rake up the gravel towards one end of the deck and then move it back onto the weed barrier cloth I want to put down. I know I will only be able to work on it for short periods of time. I will need help with getting the edging straight as I have never used a laser level before. I can buy the gravel I need in bags and put it in the wagon to get it from the front of the house to the back. 

Today

I am out to see the doctor this morning and when done, I am coming home to work on the quilt. I have to take time this afternoon to cook. This evening I will cast on the hat and work on it. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment