Saturday, March 16, 2024

Is There Improvement In My Hip and Knee?

 Yesterday was a cloudy day with a bit of rain in the afternoon. The high got to 6.2C. This morning it was cloudy and 1C. Today we are to have a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 8C. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga in the morning and I had some pain. It is becoming different than it was. More from the front of the knee to the hip with a bit in the back of the hip. I did do all of the exercises in hopes it continues to improve. 

I did clean the kitchen. It wasn't as dirty as expected but I did wipe surfaces to get rid of any grease and grime. Appliances were shined up. The stove was pulled out and that area was cleaned. I got down on the floor to clean under the fridge as it collects fluff on the front grill. Once all was done, I washed the floor. 

I have been doing a bit of genealogy as I can get information off Ancestry free until tonight. It has been interesting digging into family names that were talked about by my dad and his sister. 

Late in the afternoon I went grocery shopping so I could get that off the list. It wasn't as busy as I had anticipated though it was getting busier when I left the store. The commuters were arriving to do their shopping.

Sewing and Crafting

I hand stitched the back of the quilt and then quilted the red square. I was starting to do my thing mentally so I stopped, took a deep breath and allowed myself to measure the spacing of the quilting rather than think negative things about myself. It worked out well. 

I also worked on the smocking of the chemise and am about half done the last row. I have to pay attention to what I am doing as it is easy to make a mistake on it. I did one and caught it before I got too far along. I am slowly getting it done. 

I did play with ideas for the next cards. I have the pieces I want to add to the cards done and am working on the paper choices. It is getting close. 

I have to work on the journal also as our friends will be here in mid May to pack up their house and move back to Alberta. I would like to have it done but if not, I will mail it to them later on. Signature 2 is coming along but some of the pages are hard to get ideas for. I am working on it slowly. 

Knitting

I finished the hat body and am ready to do the last 6-7 rows. 

This means I need to wind the sock yarn so I can start working on them. 

Thoughts

    My hip and knee are feeling much better. The pain I had has almost disappeared only to be replaced by pain running from my knee up to my hip. I am hoping that it is mainly weakness but it may be the joints hurting more as I use them. It also could be the muscle that has been bothering me needing another treatment. I am hoping it is weakness as I can work on that. I will know more on Monday when I go to physio. 

    I have been working on standing on one foot as it improves my balance. I am able to stand longer than before as my muscles are stronger around my knee and hip. I now need to start walking every day I can so I can go further each week. I know I will have to stop when it gets hot and muggy but I have 3 months before that happens. 

     I have been enjoying having not appointments. It has been nice to do things that need to be done and have some down time. I am enjoying the pace I have set and getting things done that I had to let go of. 

Today

I am going to do yoga and then head out to New Minas to get a few things I need. Once home, I want to work on the quilt and smocking. I need to wind yarn. I would like to go for a short walk later this afternoon. Tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time..................................................................    

No comments:

Post a Comment