Friday, March 22, 2024

Brutal Weather

 Yesterday was a mixture of sun, clouds, wind, and snow. The temperature dropped all day and late afternoon it was 1C. This morning it is -4C (windchill -14C) and cloudy. We are to have wind, flurries, and sun with a high of 0C. 

The deck was covered with snow and the grass was white by 8 pm.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I did yoga and shoulder exercises. That took about an hour to do. Yoga went well as I am getting stronger and more limber as time goes on. The shoulder exercises were hard as I am just starting out. I am glad I am only using 2 lb weights when doing them. 

Once done exercising, I folded laundry, swept floors, and did a quick tidy up. I watched the snow whirl around, the sun shine, and the wind blow as I was busy inside. A perfect day for being home. 

Late in the afternoon, I went out to pull the two poles that mark the driveway in winter. It was windy and brutally cold. I grabbed them and headed back inside. The job is done and I don't have to worry about doing it later on. 

I have been following my eating plan carefully and eating a piece of fruit mid afternoon and mid evening. I am feeling much better and have more energy. I am hungry at meal time as I am more mobile but am watching what I eat. I have lost the weight I gained. I will be eating a bit more as I am back at my goal weight. 

Sewing and Crafting

I had time before lunch to play in the sewing room. I decided to pleat the doll's chemise. I had been worrying a bit about the hemmed sleeves going through the pleater. They went through so easily that the job was done in 20 minutes which included setting up and putting away the pleater and threads.

I now need to press the sleeves and start sewing in the underarm gusset. Once that is done and the seams sewn up I can smock them. 

After lunch I played with the journal and got another page completed. It was a page that took a long time to figure out what to do. It came together quickly once I knew what I wanted to do. 

The Joy tag was from a video I watched and I had to modify as I am using up what I have on hand. It is held in place with a hidden paper clip. The corner pocket I saw on Instagram and knew it was what I wanted. 

I put items into the pocket that I had on hand. I did make a card for journaling in and added other little items that can be used or written on/in.

I am pleased with the page. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent hand sewing the seam on back of the quilt. I got all 48" done. I had the quilt over me and it kept me quite warm as I watched the snow fall. I am now ready to quilt the squares where I joined row 5 to the quilt. 

Knitting

I knit on the socks last night and got the heel flap done and the heel turned. 

I had a break and then picked up the stitches for the gusset. This is the part I like as I am nearing the half way point on the sock. 

Thoughts

    Yesterday's weather was brutal. It is hard to believe we are almost at the end of March and having this kind of weather. Hopefully this is it. The only good thing -- I don't have to shovel snow this morning. 

    My pain level is way down and I am moving about easier. I am trying to do the 2 new exercises to help stretch and strengthen the muscles that are weak and sore a few times a day. It is helping a lot. I also noticed I can get up off the floor easier which was a pleasant surprise. I am hoping that I will get the muscles strong and stop physio and osteopathy by the end of May. It is a goal of mine and it is looking achievable. 

    I am also finding that with less pain I am happier and more relaxed. I am also realizing that I dealing with my issues much better and know that I need to set limits on what I can and cannot do. This is a turning point for me mentally and physically. 

    I am actively working on using up what I have in my stashes. I am constantly reminding myself to look before thinking I need to buy something. It is forcing me to be creative which is something I am enjoying. When I let go of negative thoughts, I relax and enjoy what I am doing. 

Today

I am heading out to New Minas to shop for groceries. I also need to return cards I bought that aren't the style I want. I hope to be home by noon so I can work on the quilt this afternoon. I will knit this evening. 

Until the next time......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment