Sunday, March 24, 2024

Five Rows Done On The Quilt

 Yesterday was cloudy with a good snow flurry in the afternoon. Midafternoon it was -3C. It started to warm up after 3 pm and this morning it is blowing, raining, and 11C. The rain is to stop around noon. It is to start cooling off this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

I did yoga and exercises yesterday morning. It is really helping to do them as I feel less pain in the muscles. My arms are sore when doing their exercises but that does go away. I did the brutal exercises twice yesterday and I know they are helping. My joints don't hurt and if they do, it is a quick pain and gone. I still have some cracking but even that isn't as much as before. 

I cleaned the floor at the top of the stairs, all the stairs and the landing at the front door. It was the usual dirty as that door is used all the time. I did a good job as it seems to collect dust on the trim. It is done and I am pleased with the results. 

Sewing and Crafts

I worked on the quilt and after 2 hours I had all the quilting done. 

It is ready for me to start row 6. I will be happy when this quilt is done as it has become a wrestling match when quilting it. The 2 hours of quilting was quite the work out. 

Knitting

I worked on the sock last night and have the gusset done. That went fast. 

I still love the yarn and how the colours are working out. There is no rhyme or reason to the design which is neat. 

I have 25 rounds to knit on the foot and then daughter-in-law will have to try them on. If they fit well and are the right length, I will do the toe. I am hoping I have a pattern figured out for her. 

Thoughts

    This storm blew in during the night and woke me up. The wind was blowing up and over 65 km/h and the rain was beating against the house. I am short on sleep as it kept me awake. I am happy I have everything put away and what is outside is firmly in place.

    I am eating more and have lost all the weight I gained. It fell off me over the past week. I am still monitoring how much I can eat. I realize there is a fine line between eating too little and too much. I want to eat enough to maintain this weight. I do worry about gaining it all back. I have to tell myself constantly that it is okay to have a bit more to eat if I feel hungry.

    When thinking I had my IBS under control, I had an attack. I know exactly what food caused it; peas which I love. I am now over it and know that it will cause flare ups if I eat it again. 

Today 

I have the balance sheet to do first thing and then I don't know what I will do. I am tired enough that I know touching projects could be disastrous. I will probably do a bit of housework and rest. If I feel like doing something, I will pin the 4 blocks together for row 6. I would like to knit tonight. I know I will be going to bed early if I don't have a nap this afternoon. 

Until the next time.......................................................

1 comment:

  1. Carol in Denver3:22 PM

    I appreciate your mentioning IBS and would welcome more info on your experiences, how you identify problematic foods etc.

    ReplyDelete