Thursday, February 29, 2024

What A Storm!

Yesterday's weather was dull, grey, windy, and wet. The high got to 12.5C and I am not sure how much rain fell. A lot it felt like. This morning, it is windy, raining, and 12C. The temperature is to fall during the day with tonight being quite cold and clear. 

Lifestyle

I had an early physiotherapy session yesterday. I was assessed and am not lopsided like I was last week. We talked about the trigger point, did a few moves and then I got shockwave therapy. That is like having a jackhammer on you but it worked. I did the gym exercises and then had the electric current therapy. I felt great when I left. 

I did some shopping before heading home. I spent the morning pushing myself to do things as I was tired from lack of sleep. Everything got done that I wanted to do. After lunch, I laid on the bed and rested. I might have had a nap but not much as the wind kept waking me up. 

Late in the afternoon I got garbage out for today. I checked the ditch and most of the snow is gone from it. The water is flowing freely down to the culvert that crosses the road. It is diverted to behind the houses across the street. All is good and I was pleased. I could relax some more.

I had to pick grandson up at 8:45 pm from his once a week evening class. I slept well last night which was nice. Though not the best picture this is how the rain looked in the night lights at grandson's school. I am looking over at the soccer pitch. 

The wind was blowing the rain sideways. 

Sewing and Crafting

I had some time in the sewing room and I hand sewed the back seam on the two blocks and then did the quilting. I sewed slowly and carefully so I wouldn't make a mistake. 

Though I know the quilt is going to be large, I am surprised at how large it is going to be. When this row is done, it will be 48" x 48". The length will be 72" when done. 

I cut the added sheets for signature 2 of the journal down to size yesterday and I am ready to start work on it. I have one page to print and colour and then decide on what I will do to attach it to its page. I am mentally ready to start. 

Knitting

I got 21 rows knit on the foot of the 2nd sock. It is half done.

At the rate I am knitting, these socks will be done early next week. 

Thoughts

    Grandson and I tested negative yesterday and we both will test again today. So far we have dodged the virus. Daughter-in-law is feeling tired and has to rest lots. Son is over his bout. 

    This storm has been quite the storm. We do get them but they amaze me every time they come in. The thunder/lightening part of the storm was the talk of the morning at physio. Some people heard it others slept through it. 

Today

I have to take grandson to school, do yoga, make us dinner, and do laundry. I would like to sew row 4 together and prep it to sew onto the quilt. I would like to do one row of smocking and start colouring the first picture of signature 2. Tonight I will continue knitting on the socks. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment