Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Wrong Supplies = Frustration

 Yesterday was calm and grey. It rained late in the afternoon. The high got to 13.8C (before 6 am) with high being around 10C during the day. This morning it is cloudy and 6C. We are to have periods of rain with the temperature dropping to 5C. 

Lifestyle

I did a good session of yoga yesterday. I pushed the moves more than I've been doing. There was some cracking but it is expected. My hip and knee were sore which was to be expected after the treatment. It will improve as time goes on. 

After finishing yoga I put a load of laundry on and finished the socks. Then it was getting the rest of the gifts wrapped and into laundry baskets to take over to family's. I went over mid afternoon and came home after having dinner with them. I had a lovely visit and helped daughter-in-law as she is fighting a cold and a sore back. I tried their massage heating pad on my knee and hip but am not sure if it worked or not. It did hurt some as it massaged those joints. 

I looked out the window yesterday morning and the neighbour's trampoline had been uprooted and was against their fence. It was the loudest noise I heard during the storm. The trampoline seems to be beyond repair as it has been tossed in storms three times. 

I did a walk about of my property and there was no damage at all. The roof looks great but I have expensive shingles on it which seem to hold well during the storms. I did gather up the garbage in the yard and put the net back over the fence. I found a square shingle in the front flower bed which came from another house down the street. If I had lost any shingles they would have been blown across the main road to the neighbour's or beyond. 

Elliott let me know that he is cute (and fat). I reminded him he can be nasty and not to push this cuteness too far. He had had his treats and he was done for the night. 

Sewing 

I didn't sew yesterday as I wanted to make the snowflake Lindt holders for Christmas dinner. I got everything set up and started cutting. The paper I bought wasn't the right weight and I ended up with a disaster. 

They wouldn't stand up, tore when I was weeding them, and had me so stressed out that I had to clean up and leave. The one I took a picture of was the best of the lot. Daughter-in-law is going to see if she can get me 3 sheets of the right weight paper today. 

I do have to say that I am learning a lot about making these candy holders. I need to start making them early, use the proper weight paper, and be patient by having another project I can work on while the machine cuts. The nice thing about doing the projects throughout the year is I can store them flat until I am ready to use them. 

I worked on the counted cross stitch snowman last night. I found black embroidery floss in the little kit I had bought so used it. 

He is a lot more work than the other two and using a silver foil strand makes it even more work. I will be glad when he is done. 

Knitting

I finished the socks and I am so pleased with them. They are under the tree. 

I will cast on the next pair tomorrow night. I am having a break at the moment as my shoulder is sore from knitting the socks by flashlight. 

Today

First thing I have to do yoga. I have to make a batch of buns and sweep floors while they rise. I need to fold laundry also. I will start on lengthening the jeans. If I get the card stock, I will start cutting out snowflakes. I will do counted cross stitch tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment