Thursday, December 07, 2023

A Day Out

 Yesterday was sunny with a high of -0.5C. This morning, it is -2C. Today we are to have flurries, sunshine, and clouds with a high of 1C. 

Lifestyle

I was up to New Minas fairly early yesterday. I did the big craft store, quilt shop, office supply store, and good old Walmart before I headed home. 

I stopped in at the stamp/paper store in Windsor. It is one of the best I have seen. Well stocked with paper, stamps, inks, and what ever else you can think of for card making. The person running the store knew about junk journals though they seem to be a new craft in our area. 

I rested in the afternoon. My hip and knee decided to have a flare up and I applied heat to them trying to help them settle down. My hip was quite sore when I went to bed but settled down during the night. It was annoying to be sore and feeling off from it. 

Sewing

I bought fabric for bags. Not sure if they will be made this year or next year. 

Fabric like this gets looked over as it is not traditional. I love it because it is different. 

I did look at fabric in the stash for more bags. I need to get more made and will be going to the other quilt shop for interfacing. I have used almost all of the 5 meters I had in the stash. 

I worked on the counted cross stitch tree yesterday while I kept heat on my aching joints. I should have it done this weekend. 

When looking for smaller red beads, I found small gold ones which I will string on thread and use as a garland on the white spots. I have tiny red beads that I may mix into the garland. I bought red beads yesterday and they are still too big. I will use them on thread when I do the people's names on it. 

I did buy the embroidery floss for the snowman. He is next on the list. Once the snowman is completed, I need to crochet some small snowflakes. 

I bought some items for the junk journal. My first book has arrived in Canada so I hoping to get it early next week. My other 2 books are in Chicago so they will be in Canada sometime next week. 

Knitting

I finished the gusset on the first sock and am merrily knitting the foot. I did quite a few rounds last night as it is now easy knitting. No pictures of it yesterday but I am really happy with the gusset. 

Thoughts

    It was fun to go shopping yesterday and look for things. I know that I will continue to get a few craft items from the big craft store but most of the items I need for junk journaling will be bought locally. We have a gem of a store locally and I can go in and get supplies when I go shopping for groceries. 

    As I was driving, I thought about cleaning the house. I need to keep it free from clutter and pick up after myself. I am working hard on that. I am looking at each area deciding on a plan that is broken down into steps which means tidying up and then doing the cleaning part over 2 days if necessary. I am trying to do this so the house is clean and I can have time to do other things without worrying about the house. 

    I am going to make as many bags as I can over the next 10 days and then put the Christmas fabric away. I don't have a lot left and some I want to use for gift bags next year. If I find fabric I love I will buy it for next year. Once the bags are done, I will move on to the cardinal quilts. I need to get those quilts done so I can work on other projects. 

Today

First thing is yoga, then doing the balance sheet. I want to tidy up the dining area which isn't too bad and do a bit of cleaning. Then I need to grocery shop before lunch. After lunch I want to make another gift bag and tonight I want to knit. The cross stitching will be done when I have time. 

Until the next time........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment